Crows

Wonder Boy

Crows are probably the hardest to shoot. They are clever and have excellent vision. You could try an owl decoy and a good hide. Crows aren't usually keen on owls in their area so will mob it. A good trick is to set the owl near but not too near a tree where the crows will hopefully land so you can shoot them. They are very tough birds too so a well placed headshot is vital to drop them.

Guest mel b2

hi wonderboy i have been having a go at the crows and rooks myself the last couple of months and 1 of 5 is right they are slippery customers but the best tip i could give you from my limited experience is to be in your hide well before it gets light and keep all movement to a minimum i have also had a bit of luck using decoys and a crow/rook caller (once i got used to it so that i didnt sound like coco the clown) hope ive been of some help . :yp: ps pretty obvious i know but keep your hands and face well covered.

Just joined and having a read of the various topics on offer.An interesting read about crow shooting and getting spotted early,a bit of advice that i can offer and will be of use is stealth and camouflage.Being an ex squaddie i have managed to pool together a bit of old school tactics and use these in my hunt for a kill!! My first priority when i set myself up with a rifle and gear was to make myself a gillie suit.Old DPM british army cammo is the best on the market and there is no substitute,lots of cutting up and stitching,good on these long winter nights,there is no set pattern and the whole object is to break up the outline of the body,if you have kids even better,we play find the dad!! When you get to the killing ground look around and add some local cam to your outfit , then STALK!! slow,very slow movements towards your prey,take time to stop now and then,it all adds to the fun and drama of it all,if you slot one or ten birds it doesnt matter,in my eyes its the whole set up that makes the day fun and really enjoyable.If i can be of any help along these lines then give me a bell and i will gladly pass on any help i can. :yp:

Do any of you guys shoot crows and if yes then how i have tried but they seem to be able to see me were ever i am so i cant get close enough. Any tips will be appreciated.

I find if I wear my Transvestite camoflauge the crow is not scared and does not regard me as a potential threat, therefore I am able to get close enough to produce my rifle from under my skirt and take a shot before the crow realises the danger. Always remember surprise is part of the success of a good marksman and there is nothing more surprising than a Transvestite packing a rifle!