Coniston 100 esp reg 18 May

southrop

Thanks - such a shame, it always seems a ground that is under used to me given its facilities. You might think holding the odd registered sporting comp would introduce more folk to the ground for practice?

It's a shame the shoot has been cancelled, this ground is so under used, there's been some good shoots there in the past.

For my money if a ground has Premier Plus Status then a condition of having this status should be to hold a registered comp once a month and not once or twice a year as has been happening.

This prem plus status is great to use in your advertising when you're introducing new people to our sport but absolutely no good whatsoever for registered competition shooters in the north region.

Azzurri.

Coniston is a first class ground with first class facilities. It is perfectly situated for the British Home International. It'scentral for most nations. It has a hotel on the sight which would be filled for the weekend by all the competitors and the banquet could also be held there. What a money making venture it could be for the ground and the CPSA.

In order to make this possible there needs to be a change of direction. This will not be achieved by complaining but by encouragement and support, and that support must come from the CPSA headquarters.

New grounds are issued with Premier Plus status if they have the potential to stage major championships and then the CPSA walk away without any further encouragement and support

Ruby 2 Red

Coniston is a first class ground with first class facilities. It is perfectly situated for the British Home International. It'scentral for most nations. It has a hotel on the sight which would be filled for the weekend by all the competitors and the banquet could also be held there. What a money making venture it could be for the ground and the CPSA.

In order to make this possible there needs to be a change of direction. This will not be achieved by complaining but by encouragement and support, and that support must come from the CPSA headquarters.

New grounds are issued with Premier Plus status if they have the potential to stage major championships and then the CPSA walk away without any further encouragement and support

Ruby 2 Red

The HI is just one shoot and won't bother most people...the fact is grounds in the north don't seem to want to put regular monthly registered sporting competitions on.

If you're a northern sporting shot and want to shoot registered comp on a Sunday we now have to travel out of region to do so.

Azzurri.

There just doesn't seem to be the interest to investment in a ground that is either willing or capable of putting on regular Registered Competitions in the North East. I thought that Oaklodge were going to take up the baton now that they have invested heavily in the new clubhouse.

Looks like the only avenue open up here is to buy a Trap Gun and shoot DTL or ABT!!! Sad but true at the moment. :no:

Never mind, we still have Grouse shooting and some excellent Pheasant shoots too look forward to from August :yahoo:

Viable? I suspect its more than viable as a whole but its not just a clay ground and most effort will be put into the best producing areas of the business no doubt, the owners certainly don't need business training IMO LOL!

I was referring to the shooting facility,rarely have I seen more than a dozen vehicles in the car park,That level of business wont meet overhead.

Park lodge is another ground rarely busy,also seeminly reluctant to host regular comps.MCSC bemoan the profitability of registered comps so I regularly shoot catton,oakedge grange farm etc all a good drive and out of the county.

Ruby 2 Red

Regarding the CPSA 'walking away' from this ground, it is worth pointing out that it is the ground that cancelled - not the CPSA. And this is not the first time that this ground has cancelled a Registered shoot at short notice. I personally shoot CPSA Registered events (nearly) every weekend, but my support for grounds that pull the plug so close to the event date tends to fall away somewhat.

I'm sure that Coniston would rather run lucrative corporate days rather than go to the bother than put a registered shoot on.

There was a lot of people there yesterday on the novice stands and the Hotel car park was packed with cars.

I shall ask why the shoot was cancelled next time I'm there, I might be given a decent answer?