Single Shot Single Barrel Thread!!

shanekiely

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would think it was easier to get a larger load in a smaller cartridge by using a fibre wad, plaswads always look bigger when they are out of the cartridge. So I am suprised that there isn't larger loads with fibre wads.

.410 eley fibre 18 grm and I am told gamebore make a whopping 24 grm into a cork wad .410. Too much shot is counter productive BTW In my opinion in any case size .410- 8 bore

.410 eley fibre 18 grm and I am told gamebore make a whopping 24 grm into a cork wad .410. Too much shot is counter productive BTW In my opinion in any case size .410- 8 bore

The 18g Eleys are a 3" cartridge, not 2.5". Eley also do a subsonic 3" cartridge that is recommended for Hushpowers (due to the fibre wad)

If Gamebore do make a 410 fibre wad cartridge of any sort, then they are doing a damn good job of keeping it a secret, and believe me, I've looked at every supplier in detail. Their website says that they do 2", 2.5" and 3" cartridges for 410, all with plaswads.

If you're over my way (Denbigh) at all, you'd be most welcome to have the box and a half of Saga 14g cartridges that I've got sitting around, can't see me ever using them.

I am told gamebore make a whopping 24 grm into a cork wad .410

Thinking further on that, I'd actually be surprised if you could fit 24g of shot into a 3" 410 cartridge, even without powder and wad

The 18g Eleys are a 3" cartridge, not 2.5". Eley also do a subsonic 3" cartridge that is recommended for Hushpowers (due to the fibre wad)

If Gamebore do make a 410 fibre wad cartridge of any sort, then they are doing a damn good job of keeping it a secret, and believe me, I've looked at every supplier in detail. Their website says that they do 2", 2.5" and 3" cartridges for 410, all with plaswads.

Phone Malmo guns at Lancaster, they get this load in. I didn't say they were a 2 1/2" in the Eley

Chees for the offer Robbiep ... l am going to pop to NWSS in a week or so ...l wouldnt mind trying them out .. were did you actually get them.from ?

Grandalf, that Vickers is a cracker mate ...

the Saga cartridges I got from Meirion Davies farm suppliers in Denbigh (on the industrial estate).

Drop me a message when you're heading to NWSS, if possible I'll meet up and drop them off with you

Sco77w greener gp's were on the original thread

Ah, I missed it as I just scanned through looking at the pictures.

I really fancy one but I know I'll never use it, it would just end up being a cabinet princess and I'm not sure I could afford te space. I've seen some interesting WW Greeners. one a line thrower and another a harpoon gun (think they may have used one in one of the early Jaws films.

There is the 12 bore BSA Snipe and "lve not seen one, in the flesh so to speak " ... a 12 bore BSA Scout ... l saw a photo of two BSA Singles and they were different, one being a Snipe and the other not being the BSA Folder .. so l took it to be the BSA Scout ... if anyone has one ld be interested to see a genuine photo and any information available. I dont think they are a gun of great value, though most singles tend not to be .. cheers

The forend looks a lot better in the flesh and is good match for the stock, not easy to photograph well. It's a .250 semi-smooth bore Rook rifle conversion. Birmingham made in about 1900 - 1905 but London retailed by some company or another at 98 New Bond S.E. London...

its very nice and has rook and rabbit written all over it, I like at the same time something of a shame though a far more practical thing- curse the government for forcing peoples hand into boring these fine guns out

There is the 12 bore BSA Snipe and "lve not seen one, in the flesh so to speak " ... a 12 bore BSA Scout ... l saw a photo of two BSA Singles and they were different, one being a Snipe and the other not being the BSA Folder .. so l took it to be the BSA Scout ... if anyone has one ld be interested to see a genuine photo and any information available. I dont think they are a gun of great value, though most singles tend not to be .. cheers

I had a snipe for years, used it when I did a lot of snaring. Before the time of digital cameras but I am sure it might appear on a few old prints. In fairness it was a bit of a dog compared to the AYA Cosmos, GP etc.

I put this on the original thread, but I believe GP stood for general police and the greeners were guns used by colonial police forces in the days of the british empire, I recall talking to one old copper who had been in the colonial police in kenya, one shot then use the gun as a club in a riot........... I hope that story is right, as it sort of makes me want a greener gp too now