Single Shot Single Barrel Thread!!

shanekiely

This is my little gem I use allmost ever day while attending the animals its a kimar 9mm . Just one of the crows I had to day that tried to come down for the pig nuts .have also got a 20gage hushpower baikel when I need a bit more range

Dam photo wont up load

Edited by night owl

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own a Greener GP

It's dog rough, paid £50 for it because it reminds me of the film Zulu, because of the Martini action

It comes out to play on clays, single barrel trap shooting, they are great fun and everyone should have at least 1 in their cabinet

As an aside I need a new safety catch as mine is just a welded lump, any ideas?

:shaun:

Singles I've owned and own in order-

Baikal 12g ejector

Baikal .410

Baikal .410 hushpower

Grange gun co, bolt action .410

2x webley bolt action .410

Anschutz bolt action .410

And now my little pedretti .410 hushpower which I'm gonna Devcon some picatinny rails to so I can attach a lamp and sling then it will have the mod sprayed matte green.

post-18953-0-75418500-1399212863_thumb.jpg

Old farrier how do you load such a gun o take it is a muzzle loader do you have to go ashore to reload it and how do you load it while its horizontal

Cheers

Night owl

Thanks for your interest we pre weigh everything and have it in paper wraps that fot into the barrel with ease it only needs a slight angle to insert them then ram home to break the paper it can be done afloat but easier and safer after a shot to go ashore

You need to check for embers in the bore anyway and very rarely need a fast relode

Haven't got any pictures of the loading sequence but will take some in the future

All the best

Of

6F3F31D1-0CF4-4F96-9AC1-54381A59C049_zps

Percussion cap goes on last

This is a modern gun and fires non toxic loads fairly consistently

Edited by Old farrier

Punt guns have always fascinated me, I didn't know any were still used for culling ducks, how effective are they?

Hi

I think culling could be the wrong word

More harvesting

They were originally used by market gunners

It's more the hunt the stalk the just being there a adventure realy never got near enough to take a shot yet as I'm only a novice punter and I'm sure there are a lot more experienced gunners out there could tell you more

It's a more historic thing that I personally feel should be shared with future generations and preserved for them and most are used at country fairs for this purpose

Maybe your interest will spur you into getting one and pass it and its history on to another generation

All the best

Of

I live at the minute so far from any estuaries, I am pretty much in the centre of england, several hours to any coast. Harvesting is a better word than culling, I didn't mean any offence..... But I know punt guns were for collecting large amounts for sale.

What's the most duck with one shot from that beast?

I live at the minute so far from any estuaries, I am pretty much in the centre of england, several hours to any coast. Harvesting is a better word than culling, I didn't mean any offence..... But I know punt guns were for collecting large amounts for sale.

What's the most duck with one shot from that beast?

Hi

No offence taken just conscious it a open forum We haven't shot any duck with the gun yet although it has killed a few

Most muzzle loader punt guns have a book with them recording the day they were loaded and if fired what they killed with the shot

It is a safety thing to stop them being double loaded

The days of the big shot are gone consigned to memories and dreams

The gun is only a small one in terms of punt gunning

I to live a long way from a estuary that permits the stalking and possible chance to use a big gun however I think the 650 mile round trip is worth it

So glad there are others interested

All the best

Of

I am sat in the garden with the wife, I was showing her the punt gun and explaining its use as far as I understand...... The police helicoper is hovering overhead....... Getting to the point it was disturbing our peace..... My suggestion was to shoot it down, her suggestion was I should borrow your punt gun ..... I agree concious we are on an open forum and I wouldn't really shoot down a helicopter for annoying our bank holiday garden peace

Hi

No offence taken just conscious it a open forum We haven't shot any duck with the gun yet although it has killed a few

Most muzzle loader punt guns have a book with them recording the day they were loaded and if fired what they killed with the shot

It is a safety thing to stop them being double loaded

The days of the big shot are gone consigned to memories and dreams

The gun is only a small one in terms of punt gunning

I to live a long way from a estuary that permits the stalking and possible chance to use a big gun however I think the 650 mile round trip is worth it

So glad there are others interested

All the best

Of

My goodness 650 miles.

I believe peter scott used to come over to strangford lough with his punt gun to shoot the large flocks of widgeon

there were few places he didn't visit, though he was of the "privileged class"

I'm sure he was though now thankfully the same opertunity is open to all

He and a few others made a lot of places popular and at the time many locals earned a better living I was almost the start of the sporting tourism industry which continues today goose guides

Gillies and stalking guides

So he may have been born privalaged but I think he and a few others left a lot more than they took

All the best

Of

I'm sure he was though now thankfully the same opertunity is open to all

He and a few others made a lot of places popular and at the time many locals earned a better living I was almost the start of the sporting tourism industry which continues today goose guides

Gillies and stalking guides

So he may have been born privalaged but I think he and a few others left a lot more than they took

All the best

Of

Cant argue with that one regards this chap. Its just sad he turned on us failing to champion the Wildfowler in his latter days, I feel he perhaps killed to many in his early days and felt guilt? But who knows, though I share that feeling with him at times

650 round trip thats nothing lol in november I am traweling to scotland wildfowl and stalking here is what I have to travel

Guernsey to england 14 hour boat trip

Poole to inverness we think about 14 to16 hour car trip spend 8 days in scotland and travel back

You guys dont know how lucky you are wildflower was banded this way years ago

Cant argue with that one regards this chap. Its just sad he turned on us failing to champion the Wildfowler in his latter days, I feel he perhaps killed to many in his early days and felt guilt? But who knows, though I share that feeling with him at times

have you read scotts book, also one of my old favourites kenzie the wild goose man, The old days of professional fowlers and gentlemen gunners (with guides)

wonder what they would make of the GL proposals and summer fowling?