Hertfordshire airgun shooting permission wanted

Hi, I'm new to the forum so please forgive me if this has been asked many times before. Me and my cousin live near Stevenage, in Hertfordshire, and have owned air rifles for a few years now. I do regular target shooting and have done the occasional bit of pest control on a local farm but am struggling to gain land permission. I have knocked on many farmer's door but with no success. Is anybody aware of any local places to shoot or needs any help controlling pests on any land that they own. I am able to shoot Rats, Rabbits, Pigeons, Squirrels, Crows, Magpies, all of the suitable quarry for an air rifle. I am responsible and will get covered with BASC if I am able to get shooting permission. Any response will be much appreciated, thank you.

also you should get insurance anyway NOW!!! whether you secure permission or not

just imagine if someone replied that they wanted you first thing the following day, does not look good if you then turn around and say, I need insurance first does it?

Get down to your local shoot and ask for beating for next season.

This may not get you shooting tomorrow, but will certainly get you well on the way in a years time.

You will certainly meet a few people who need some ratting on their farm, or forbids knocking back from attacking their livestock when lambing etc.

You could also offer to help out a little during the break - there's always plenty going on at our local shoot in preparation for next season and it would certainly stand you in good stead for next season should the gamekeeper ever need anyone

Dan

Hi, I'm new to the forum so please forgive me if this has been asked many times before. Me and my cousin live near Stevenage, in Hertfordshire, and have owned air rifles for a few years now. I do regular target shooting and have done the occasional bit of pest control on a local farm but am struggling to gain land permission. I have knocked on many farmer's door but with no success. Is anybody aware of any local places to shoot or needs any help controlling pests on any land that they own. I am able to shoot Rats, Rabbits, Pigeons, Squirrels, Crows, Magpies, all of the suitable quarry for an air rifle. I am responsible and will get covered with BASC if I am able to get shooting permission. Any response will be much appreciated, thank you.

You Will be Lucky - Most of known Air Gun Vermin Shoots are under control of many of my Club Members @ Lea Valley Air Gun Club Hertford

Hard fought and well Serviced - Plus much of the land is owned by Land Groups that Sell Shooting Rights - Mostly to Fire Arms Owners

Most has been obtained by Word of Mouth - where Shooters have offered good service and in time get offered more land to Shoot over

There Must be Several Hundred - Air Gunners per possible Vermin Shoot -

BOB/R

www.lvagc.co.uk