Hampshire SGC turnaround time?

Jacks1342

I am now having to apply through hampshire constabulary instead of wiltshire for my SGC, i was reliably informed that it could easily be just over a month to get my licence through wiltshire but I'm not so sure about hampshire. I tried to call them earlier but their phone time are restricted as they are so busy so I will try tomorrow....not filling me with good feelings. Hopefully I will be able to at least get an interview in the next 4 weeks as I have to go abroad for a couple of months with work which will eat into my shooting time when I get back waiting for my licence :(

Has anybody recently got their licence through hampshire constabulary?

It doesn't look good then, what about the chances of getting a visit/interview in the next 4 weeks? From what I understand once they have been round it's just waiting for the licence to turn up after the visit.....

Edited by Jacks1342

Hi

Phone and ask there approachable but slow

Just explain your situation and see how it goes

They're just got no staff

And you fall in the year they changed fro 3 to 5 so there's a backlog

Make sure everything is correct your end and it should be ok

All the best

Of

Edit

New grants take longest

Have you moved counties and need a renewal in different area or is this a new application ?

Edited by Old farrier

I am now having to apply through hampshire constabulary instead of wiltshire for my SGC, i was reliably informed that it could easily be just over a month to get my licence through wiltshire but I'm not so sure about hampshire. I tried to call them earlier but their phone time are restricted as they are so busy so I will try tomorrow....not filling me with good feelings. Hopefully I will be able to at least get an interview in the next 4 weeks as I have to go abroad for a couple of months with work which will eat into my shooting time when I get back waiting for my licence :(

Has anybody recently got their licence through hampshire constabulary?

If it's any help they granted me my first FAC really quickly last November. Took about 4 weeks from me sending my cheque and application to me having the certificate in my hand.

After a phonecall to hampshire it sounds better, they aim for 42 days to complete an application. Although I'm going to be behind a week as Wiltshire have sent the application to hampshire and apparently it will take at least 5 days to get there and then I still have to sort the cheques out as I need to write out new ones to hampshire :(

Edited by Jacks1342

• 3 months later...