Any heating engineers have any ideas.

Hazza

I have a run of the mill gas boiler heating system, vented with hot water tank in airing cupboard etc and tonight the hot water has stopped working. If you have the heating on the radiators get warm and work fine but if you then turn the hot water on also the 3 port valve activates and then the heating heating turns off!!!!

just like you have turned the room stat down. If you then turn the hot water off again the heating will start up again? Any ideas as it is baffling me big time

Cheers

Hazza

So I have gone and replaced the 3 port valve, bled the system and still the same symptoms.

I still only have heating and when i turn the hot water on the 3 port valve works opens the valve but them the boiler shuts down

Any other words of wisdom ideas

Cheers

Hazza

Hi there it sounds like an air lock in the primary s you need to get the air out if you can get at the top 22mm pipe on the side of the cylinder be careful and undo it slowly until you get a dribble of water coming out then tighten up

Martin

I would check that power is coming from the timeclock on the hotwater output if not dodgy timer. if power is coming from clock then cylinder stat. The motor noise you are hearing on the valve is power being taken away from the valve and the motor swinging back to the hot water which is how it should when power disconnected.

the water pump should be getting power when hot water is selected.