Norwich

AVB

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We live near Brooke, about 7/8 miles from Norwich and in an arc from Brooke through to Loddon to the north (on the A146) there are a lot of lovely villages which have little development. Go to any of the larger towns or villages and there is massive house building in progress. Costessey, Wymondham, Poringland, Long Stratton etc etc all have massive new housing estates along with all of Norwich suburbs. Public transport is generally poor so hope you have cars. If you can I would rent for a while and work out the best area for you.

We live near Brooke, about 7/8 miles from Norwich and in an arc from Brooke through to Loddon to the north (on the A146) there are a lot of lovely villages which have little development. Go to any of the larger towns or villages and there is massive house building in progress. Costessey, Wymondham, Poringland, Long Stratton etc etc all have massive new housing estates along with all of Norwich suburbs. Public transport is generally poor so hope you have cars. If you can I would rent for a while and work out the best area for you.

Best advice..............rent for 2-3 months and trawl around

That's because people like you see sense and demand is high.

You're main issue having read through this thread is that you are a commuter. The Dutch company than now runs the train from Norwich to London Liverpool Street couldn't look after a tortoise.

Most foreigners make a wedge and then move here and spend money. Brilliant ,we love it.

Edited by Whitebridges

• 2 months later...

I live in the Golden Triangle, wonderful

Such a vibrant diverse community with some quite upmarket areas. 5 mins from Norwich High School for Girls and 10 min walk to City Centre. I regularly drive to Station during rush hour and is 10 mins using known routes. Some nice houses on Christchurch Rd and a straight line drive to NHG

If you don't mind a 35-40min drive John Bidwells shooting ground of the suffolk coast is excellent. Every type of target you could wish for plus a very high tower to get you in trim if you shoot game. Getting back to the original topic I sure you will love Norwich. I've had job offers across the country (Glasgow, Manchester, London etc) but having worked, briefly, in all those places couldn't see we would better Norfolk. Heard on the grapevine Mid-Norfolk ground is changing hands - Churchills Guns of Dereham? Any truth in this?

Yes that is correct about Mid Norfolk from what I have been told as well

So the gossip mongers say.

The owner of Churchill's married the owner of Wensum Valley Golf Club's ( just across the road ) daughter. He has pots judging by his recent business purchases and the Mid Norfolk SG is up for sale at loose change

I hope he gets the deal as Mid Norfolk needs some serious investment and the stupid restrictions for shooting hours lifted.

Edited by Whitebridges