A/T's

darren m

i need 4 new tyres and looking for at's

i can not afford any more BFG'S just too pricey even though they lasted for years

this is a different truck with road tyres on at the moment

so what else is available that will do 50/50 and not break the bank , even consider remoulds if of good quality

cheers

It will be interesting know if anyone on here has used them. :good:

I run them on my jeep. It isn't a daily commuter, but i drive it to work on occasion plus shooting and around town some. I have 5k on the set and they look like new for wear. They do well in mud and general use off road. They are good onroad. I haven't driven BFG AT/TA but i have other AT and these are comparable for road use. They are a bit noisy, maybe a little more than similar non remoulds but not far from what you'd expect in a utility jeep. The only downside to these is that they are a bit heavy. They were a bear for the guy to fit initially and i lost a solid 1 mpg over slightly more roady tires.

I would do it again.

Rick

General grabbers at2 best tyre pound for pound imo. Put a set on my old terrano and didn't notice any significant increase in road noise compared to the normal road tyres they replaced. My dad has the truck now and probs done a good 25000 miles and look good for another 25000.

Edited by ferguson_tom

Insa rangers, had them on one vitara, a shogun sport and now my l200. All been abused off road, excellent grip and also good for the daily commute. Don't Think I've ever had a puncture yet either

insa tyres

these might be more in my budget

ever had any issues with the rubber/tread splitting ( being remoulds )

noise levels , mpg etc

my last truck had kingpin technic trakers on which had really good deep tread and got me out of everything from snow to mud.

these were remoulds but after 2 years some worry cracks and splits along the treads started to appear

thanks

The remoulds are ok and if you don't do many miles then they will be fine but my experience is they wear far faster than AT2's or bfg's I've got a set of at2's on my l200 at the moment and I've done 55k on them and there is still life left. They aren't up to the bfg levels of performance but they are ok and cheaper. Next time it's hard but I will probably spend the money on the bfg's it's a big outlay to start with but if you get 50-60k from a set then you are getting your money's worth

i need 4 new tyres and looking for at's

i can not afford any more BFG'S just too pricey even though they lasted for years

this is a different truck with road tyres on at the moment

so what else is available that will do 50/50 and not break the bank , even consider remoulds if of good quality

cheers

What are you planning on putting them on & what size are you thinking about?

I ran 235 / 16 insa saharas on my old series 3 land rover for a few years and found them remarkably good natured on the road considering their fairly aggresive looks. Couldn't hear any road noise from them (due to the engine / gearbox howl!!). Performed very well off road and showed little signs of splitting or breaking down.

I am currently runing general grabber AT's on a Range Rover and think they are the mutz nutz. I went for the newer AT pattern over the previous AT2 (yes I know that may seem an odd may of labling them). They are great on road and have not let me down in the mud yet, but you must be aware of what you are doing with any tyre. Also, it may be an adea to check the speed rating of your proposed choice, because although I liked the Insa's you may not be able to put them on anything to keep legal.

ATB

S.G.

I ran BFG ATs on my L200 and having clocked over 50k they still had loads of tread left. A great tyre for general off road use and better on road than the Bridgestone's it came with. Am running General AT2 of discovery 2 at present, (couldn't get BFG's in over 16 inch) they have also covered 50k and still going strong. Can't fault them.

i cant afford new tyres....i use a couple of local scrap companies to source a good set.....you will be surprised at what you can get.....and save a shed load of dosh. :good:

I was watching something on the TV the othere day about tyres and they said that they did not recomend people buying second hand ones as you never no what the previous owner did to them ie bumping in to curbs etc or if the car/truck was stolen and wrecked but he did say if you do not drive on motorways and do not drive to fast then they should be ok.

If you are not going to be using it on moterways then you could go with some remolds some people seem to like the Insa ones but if you are going to do much motorway driving for peace of mind I would get new ones.

insa tyres

these might be more in my budget

ever had any issues with the rubber/tread splitting ( being remoulds )

noise levels , mpg etc

my last truck had kingpin technic trakers on which had really good deep tread and got me out of everything from snow to mud.

these were remoulds but after 2 years some worry cracks and splits along the treads started to appear

thanks

I wouldn't buy Insa again. The four (turbo rangers) I bought included one that was an absolute pig to balance. Quality isn't that good. I will buy bfg or yokohama next time.