Charles Lancaster boxlock

andyh990

Hi, my dad has just bought a Charles Lancaster box lock in average condition. I was wondering if it's worth getting restored to a good condition and how much would you say the gun is worth now and it's potential value. Also I'm sure I've seen someone on here who restores guns but I have completely forgotten who it was. Any help on this subject would be very much appreciated. Thanks Andrew

post-63088-0-24261400-1399112747_thumb.jpg

Well it is an ejector and was built for Lancaster by Webley and Scott [ was there no one they didn't make for ?] Plain gun not signed on the action so value will depend on the overall condition which is hard to tell from one photo and will depend largely as Welsh says on the condition of the barrels . I wont ask how much paid but its the sort of gun that could be worth spending a couple of hundred on ,if it came to me I would ask for a maximum budget that you want to spend and use discretion as to what work is necessary and the best use of it to improve the over all cosmetic appearance .

Edited by Gunman