Complete move from 12bore to 20bore ?

Salop Matt

Made the swap at the end of the 2013/14 game season, bought my 20b a year before I sold my 12b just to make sure, found that swapping between the 2 was not doing my shooting any good so one had to go.

Unless I start to shoot clays on a regular basis ( doubtful ) i can't see me owning another 12b for a long time.

I'm finding this thread very interesting.

My good lady has just started to do a bit of clay shooting with me. She is finding the 12 to heavy, to big to swing etc

So I was considering a 20g for her and get it suitably fit for her.

From reading this threat I think I will definately go down this route then I can always use it myself

I've mostly moved over to 20's,not because I'm a whimp but purely due to arthritis in both wrists and hands(and elsewhere). The lighter guns suits me perfectly, making a days shooting on clays or pigeon/crows much more enjoyable simply down to the pain factor. As I see it, it's shoot 20's or give up and that was never going to happen!!

I still have a 12g 391 but would like to change that for a 20 eventually.

It comes down to personal circumstances and preferences rather than being whimpish in my view.

GH

Hi Brian,

Your floaters are still working well after all this time.

Like you, the old arfur itis is taking it's toll. My Mk 60 Miroku 20 bore is a dream in such circumstances and I wouldn't part with it. I've had the nice Mr Teague fit the Beretta SP 20 bore exactly to the Miroku fit. But whether walking the fields or sat in a hide the 20 bore suites me better than a 12 bore. As you say - personal circumstances.

Regards

Bob.