1.8m or 2m tall camo net - where can I get some?

Search as I might, I can't seem to find standard die cut green/brown camo net in either 1.8 or 2m (i.e circa 6ft) tall by 4 or 5 metres long.

Any idea where I might get some chaps?

Ta!

Ive got a large Mil spec net good condition in the garage,if your local to me and interested you can have it,but it's collection only i'm afraid :good: BB

Motty - want it to create a tall back drop to a hide when away from the hedgerow.

Aga Man - thanks for the link. The army stuff is too open and patchy for what I want.

Appreciate all replies chaps. :good:

Ok no problems :good: BB

for more dense coverage look for sweedish army netting which is what i use.

example here. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swedish-Army-Camouflage-Net-Full-Cover-4-8-m-x-2-4-m-/360766871484?_trksid=p2054897.l4275#ht_929wt_724

Or just add fill in panels to the standard army net :good: BB

Edited by Bluebarrels

Motty - want it to create a tall back drop to a hide when away from the hedgerow.

Aga Man - thanks for the link. The army stuff is too open and patchy for what I want.

Appreciate all replies chaps. :good:

Believe me, you don't really need a 'back drop' that tall. Try lifting a normal 1.5m net off the ground a little if you really need it a bit taller.

Also don't believe those that tell you never to look over the net for birds.

Thanks Motty,

I appreciate what you say but please indulge me as I want to test out a different hide set-up to see if it works in particular circumstances. :|

Cheers!

Fair play to you, it's worth giving different things a try.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Netting over the 1.5 is hard to get because near all fabric comes as 1.6m that's normally with a raw edge.

Do you really need a back to a hide when in the field? I don't bother, just a front and two sides. The birds will still come in from behind as its the movement that jinks them off. I have even sat the dogs outside just to see what happens and the birds still drop in.

Putting up a hide in the middle of a field. There are two ways I do this. First I use either light or dark colour netting to form a small circle "depending on the field" I use a bit of electrical tape to tape on four washing line adjustable poles "which are £3 each". Then using a small 2m×2m net create a high roof net. This stops any birds from seeing me from above "as rooks/crows etc will ****** off if they see you" This hide not only stops any birds from seeing you but helps to keep you cool on long hot sunny days.

Second method I use is my Ford ranger. I have made a wooden frame that has quick release pins to put it together with only three parts to it. I then pull a large army camo net I bought over the whole truck and rear frame. I sit in the back, now out of site in a comfortable chair facing the direction I want ie decoys and shoot what decoys in.no walking anywhere apart from placing decoys, perfect. On real windy days I just shoot from the cab. Not as many come in but it's the quality time out in the field that counts and I love it.

I cannot under stand why people use army nets to me they are to bulky and heave i carry 3 ghost nets in my bag and they don't take up half the room an army net would.. ( I've tried the army nets and was not impressed but it every one to there own ) :/