Blaser f3

Ugb25

Hello all I spent the day shooting with wilkof3 and after shooting at gatton bottom we headed to dartford while shooting his blaser f3 he had a double discharge and is a bit concerned as to what may of caused it any ideas ?? As he was shooting world cups this was as you can imagine pretty nasty amount of recoil

An F3 shouldn't fanfire as far as I was aware due to the built in safety.

Was it one bang? (double discharge) or bang-bang in very quick succession?(fan fire).

If it was the latter it could just have been a moment of user error where he accidentally hit the trigger twice, probably caused by the recoil of the first shot.

Oh, and I shot an F3 yesterday and my deposit is going down on one tomorrow! :)

Edited by Gee.

The trigger blade needs to be set up so that the pad of the finger is nearly at ninety degrees to the blade, just as in pistol shooting. It will stop any fan fires as your finger must have no heavy pressure on the blade between shots.

The trigger pull on an F3 is very light compared to most other guns.

It was most definitely a double discharge 1 very loud bang which all but moved him backwards and he isn't a small bloke by a long way he had already shot over 130 clays this morning without an issue and shot another 70 after this happened without a problem

Another vote for the F3, had mine about 6 weeks - just a superb bit of kit, stock is off getting modified to fit can't wait!

Back on topic, all guns are mechanical - so maybe should get it checked out, but I did think this wasn't possible on the Blaser

Pete

I have two of the latest spec F3's and neither has ever missed a beat. It may be something to do with the trigger selector not being fully in 'position' but nothing else springs to mind.

Gee you won't be disappointed, which F3 have you plumbed for?

Looking at a Pro in 30''. Been meaning to upgrade to a better spec comp gun for a while and the decision was narrowed down to a DT11 or an F3.

Shot it yesterday to try it at a round of skeet and it felt great. 24/25 but it should have been a straight as I only dropped the first high bird because it was left of centre by 3'! lol.

Was expecting it to kick like a mule after hearing stories, but it was negligible as far as recoil was concerned.

Really nice to swing, very Perazzi like. Im also a big fan of modern engineering, mechanical triggers and plan decorated actions (no love for engraving) so its a no brainer really.

Thanks for the replies I've passed messages on to wilkof3 and next question is who would you trust to service it ? His f3 is about 7 years old now and apart from the early upgrades has been faultless we went to Alan rhones for this work but as this is a 400 mile round trip and he no longer distributes blaser not sure the best option for a service thanks Andy

Thanks for the replies I've passed messages on to wilkof3 and next question is who would you trust to service it ? His f3 is about 7 years old now and apart from the early upgrades has been faultless we went to Alan rhones for this work but as this is a 400 mile round trip and he no longer distributes blaser not sure the best option for a service thanks Andy

Ian Mulliner (Dorset) does all of Blasers work

I've only had it done once - as part of the sale, certainly complete fettling in under a week, including RFD transfer time.

I'd say give him a call - I've heard of him doing quite chunky work while people wait/watch

Pete

I got my new F3 Pro from him a couple of months a go and he had to change the top-lever to left-hand opening which he did when I was there which took about 45-minutes.

He was telling me that they are mechanically the easiest shotguns to work on, but he had to go to the Blaser factory in Germany to become 'accredited'. I'd never hesitate to call him if there was a problem with mine.

I've had several Blaser's in the past and only ever had a problem with one that occasionally misfired. I've just bought a used F3 Pro from Potter's ,absolutely delighted with it although I did have a problem with it initially due to an upgrade being needed.

Potter's sent it to Ian Mulliner who carried out the upgrade on the firing pins and top lever spindle. It took two weeks mainly because it was over the Easter period.

I have also now bought a F3 Supertrap which I am looking forward to shooting this Sunday.

The modification that I had on my gun came out in 2011 so anything prior to that needs to be upgraded. As it caused the firing pins to not retract fully at times it could have been what caused the double discharge.

On a 7 year old gun Ian would want to service it which costs £125.00 and includes any upgraded parts required.

Ian is the only authorised Blaser service agent and knows these guns inside out, He's also a top bloke and extremely helpful.

I was informed that any parts required are NOT included in the price of a service.

I was told by Ian Mulliner that you only pay for the service as Blaser are honouring their ten year warranty as far as upgraded parts are concerned. I didn't pay for mine as I had only just bought the gun. I'm sure that Potter's didn't have to pay anything either as they had to get permission from Blaser UK to send it directly to ian rather than via Blaser at Rigby's.

Just had an email from Ian and he said also that the cost includes any upgrades. :good:

That's good. The original documents say that the guarantee is only valid for the original purchaser but this is obviously no longer the case.

It probably helps that Robert Sajitz who is now the official importer/agent in the U.K. is directly employed by Blaser. I am told that he knows Blaser's inside out and is obvious;y trying to grow the brand in the U.K.