HW77 1990's what would you pay for one?

Sloter

Hi guys,

Seen a HW77 near me for sale it's meant to be mint but just wondering what you think it's worth? The guys asking £250!

The HW77 was the first gun I ever shot as a kid, one of my friends had one and I was always very jealous and loved the gun. In later life I bought a HW97 and had a few problems with it and ended up in the hands of Hull Cartridge and that wasn’t a good experience.

Thanks

A little bit of a hijack but ... I'm seriously considering selling my HW77K - 1980s, I believe. .22, puts pellet on pellet quite happily, but it's in need of a lot of TLC to look decent - has spent most of it's life in a barn by the look of it. Has a scope, but nothing fantastic to look at there either.

I was thinking £150 or so. I'll be getting it up on Gunwatch when I get round to taking some pics ... eventually !

Is that recently? What sort of condition?

Thanks

Bought it in March, this year. Condition is well used, but still going strong. making 10.6 ft lb on what I think are the original internals!

IMG_0005_zps377ffc8c.jpg

IMG_0004_zps90d85d39.jpg

IMG_0003_zps0ec32fb0.jpg

Slightly scratched stock!

IMG_0010_zps55701b96.jpg

The beast (I had the scope knocking about).

IMG_0011_zps02d21c19.jpg

Worn bluing!

IMG_0012_zps622c3381.jpg

Slightly rusty loading port!

That is the condition, but it is still accurate!

Edited by secretagentmole

Hi

I paid £150 for mine off the BBS, the chap was selling his deceased fathers guns, all the lot went except this beauty, luckily it was only 5 min's from me so I went nad bought it!!

GICLn8L.jpg

It was complete with scope. sling and slip plus a full tin of Eley wasp pellets!!

It a 1983 gun and the serial number is actually before they were supposed to have entered britain!! 1000375 :good:

It's a keeper :yes:

John :)

Hi

I paid £150 for mine off the BBS, the chap was selling his deceased fathers guns, all the lot went except this beauty, luckily it was only 5 min's from me so I went nad bought it!!

GICLn8L.jpg

It was complete with scope. sling and slip plus a full tin of Eley wasp pellets!!

It a 1983 gun and the serial number is actually before they were supposed to have entered britain!! 1000375 :good:

It's a keeper :yes:

Very nice!

I now realise that I had one of these and gave it away to a young builder who was starting shooting - I'd have charged him a bit if I had known, or maybe not.

It was a very good gun and capable of dropping rabbits dead at 40 yds. I now have a very old Daystate huntsman rough as a box of nails to look at but also good out to 45/50 yds

Amazing what you learn on here.

I now realise that I had one of these and gave it away to a young builder who was starting shooting - I'd have charged him a bit if I had known, or maybe not.

It was a very good gun and capable of dropping rabbits dead at 40 yds. I now have a very old Daystate huntsman rough as a box of nails to look at but also good out to 45/50 yds

Doh....

Hi Kes

I had two early Daysdtate Huntsm,an mk1 rifles but recently swapped one for a BSA Ultra multi..

The Huntsmans are a tad heavy but deadly accurate :yes:

Here's the Sporter that I still have though I made a match trigger to fit years ago as the 'sporter' trigger was a single stage rubbish unit (I copied the match trigger on the other rifle!!)..

tzV59wm.jpg

This is the one I swapped..

KMdxxyy.jpg

I'm more of a collector now than a shooter (Local club was razed to the ground by a greedy council :sad1: ) and no perms near me..