The Curse of the Cap

I had a phone call on Wednesday night from the Farmer with the peas that we shot last week , loads of birds in the area on the peas . So Friday up and at them, arrived at the field no birds , drove to the other end of the field nothing . We then noticed birds on some seeded fields two fields over so we put a shot up and about two hundred birds lifted off five seeded fields. We noticed that not one bird passed over our field they went into wind over some horse fields we can not shoot. We went to contact the owner and after half an hour of talking would not let us shoot .We carried on touring around not seeing any birds at all , this carried on till we found a few crows and Jackdaws on some seeded maize, as it was now 15.00 we decided to give it a go, I managed to call the first bird in as we had no crow decoys and we shot till 17,30 and ended up with sixteen crows and Jackdaws , one woody and a rabbit that was spooked by the dog and ran across the decoys.

Then I remembered my previous post last week when I dared to wear the Cap of the "Special One", see post, I had now awoken the curse of the Cap which made all contact with flocks of Wood Pigeons impossible . I must now go for at least two months without shooting to pay the penalty of attempting to poke fun at the" Special One".

Its a good job that I'm off on my yearly drive down to Greece for a couple of months and so I can cleans the curse from daily bathing in the Med. I wish all PW members some good shooting on the Spring Rape and Linseed and keep posting as it keeps me occupied on my ipad in the bars as they have free wifi. They are use to the crazy English guy in the corner laughing to himself over the comments.

d021e711-f6fe-41db-acdf-cff63b030659_zps

Good shooting :good: what crow calls are they? Sam Neyt?

No , not sure bought them in the US twenty years ago.

Do you take dog PC

I never thought I would see the day where I shot a larger bag of corvids in the same week as the king of big bags :) its made my day and probably never happen again lol

Have a lovely time in the med sun BTW

Atb fruity

No the dogs DBs and he stays with him.

Must be the first week I have shot a bigger bag of pigeons than you P C, I don't think it will qualify me for the super league though, all I done was to replace the pigeons I took for decoys, but there you go if you keep trying the day will come where you can beat one of the masters of pigeon shooting. I don't know why you don't come down to ours for a holiday , we have got loads of Greek restaurants , clean beaches and a sparkling blue sea................Well the first one is the truth.........Have a good time P C.....

Well done PC enjoy your hols mate 👍 it's going to be pretty quiet on here for a couple of months lol but I don't think there's going to be that much sport to be had from now till just before harvest (laid crops) and during harvest, I'm sure you will put some pics up of the Greek birds though lol

Atvb Dave