welcome changes to dog laws

thegazbo

Muzzling all dogs is like restricting all vehicles to 5mph as someone might be irresponsible and drive too fast and kill someone. Bring in licensing for dog ownership, including background checks, home checks, drug tests and if you dont pass th all you don't get tge right to own a dog! There should also be spot checks for gun licence holders, anyone found with illegal drugs in there system should have there licence revoked.

and you think muzzles would be unenforceable wait till you try random drug tests for dog ownership

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and you think muzzles would be unenforceable wait till you try random drug tests for dog ownership

i didn't say muzzles would be unenforceable,i said muzzling all dogs is a waste of time and also unfair.make it so only a home with law abiding people living in it can own a dog (after they've passed all the checks) that way you'd get a better sort of people owning dogs.also it would probably mean there would be less dogs in rescue homes.

IMO simply because there weren't the fighting/bull type breeds around then that are so prevalent now.

Years ago people used to let their dogs run around the streets, now dogs that are controlled and leashed are a bigger problem now than ever before, so much so that we need new laws.

We didn't have a banned breed list back then, you could literally have what you wanted. Also the dangerous dogs change over time, first Alsations, then Rotweillers now bull breeds.

Classifcation of dog attacks in hospitals can range from a biter to a friendly dog jumping up and knocking the person over, hence the so called increase.

It doesn't really matter, before long we will be like the states where we can only exercise dogs in fenced in dog parks.

Edited by Richie10

We didn't have a banned breed list back then, you could literally have what you wanted. Also the dangerous dogs change over time, first Alsations, then Rotweillers now bull breeds.

Classifcation of dog attacks in hospitals can range from a biter to a friendly dog jumping up and knocking the person over, hence the so called increase.

It doesn't really matter, before long we will be like the states where we can only exercise dogs in fenced in dog parks.

I think in some of the bigger cities or densely populated areas that is the depressing reality.

It saddens me that we are becoming a society that want to legislate for absolutely everything, no matter what it is someone wants to have some sort of rule or law governing what 'should' be done. The irony is that we are becoming more and more outspoken about things like being governed by banks or the EU, yet we are willingly giving up so much.

I think in some of the bigger cities or densely populated areas that is the depressing reality.

It saddens me that we are becoming a society that want to legislate for absolutely everything, no matter what it is someone wants to have some sort of rule or law governing what 'should' be done. The irony is that we are becoming more and more outspoken about things like being governed by banks or the EU, yet we are willingly giving up so much.

thats because we keep voting for people who want to control us

thats because we keep voting for people who want to control us

I don't know if that is always true OU, i honestly think it is a cultural thing, there is a general abdication of responsibility and folk always want someone else to do something on their behalf. Just think how many times you will hear people saying 'that's not fair, something should be done about that' or similar.

I think the apathy around voting is a symptom of the same thing, folk can't be bothered and happy to let other people decide on their behalf.

It is weird that some things that were previously a taboo are now openly supported, gay marriage as an example, but more traditional things, such as shooting/hunting are becoming increasingly pilloried.

In some respects it seems that we have more freedoms now than ever, but actually we are governed and controlled by more acts of legislation than we ever have been, a window cleaner can't even climb a ladder now, weed killer doesn't kill weeds, paint stripper doesn't strip paint, etc because they might be dangerous!!

Note: Just in case anyone misinterprets i am not saying gay marriage is bad, just an example of a change in societal attitudes.

I don't know if that is always true OU, i honestly think it is a cultural thing, there is a general abdication of responsibility and folk always want someone else to do something on their behalf. Just think how many times you will hear people saying 'that's not fair, something should be done about that' or similar.

I think the apathy around voting is a symptom of the same thing, folk can't be bothered and happy to let other people decide on their behalf.

It is weird that some things that were previously a taboo are now openly supported, gay marriage as an example, but more traditional things, such as shooting/hunting are becoming increasingly pilloried.

In some respects it seems that we have more freedoms now than ever, but actually we are governed and controlled by more acts of legislation than we ever have been, a window cleaner can't even climb a ladder now, weed killer doesn't kill weeds, paint stripper doesn't strip paint, etc because they might be dangerous!!

Note: Just in case anyone misinterprets i am not saying gay marriage is bad, just an example of a change in societal attitudes.

you make some very valid points mate

Somehow, through the back door, it has become fashionable to champion the minority at the expense of the majority, and somehow the majority has lost its voice and power. If you are 'normal' you are sidelined, if you are a 'cause celebre' then of course your opinion counts and must be heard.

It's another thing I suspect Mr Farage and co will appreciate rather than denigrate as at least they seem to live in the real world.

Getting back to dogs again, I have a notice on my gate (only legal entry point) which says (DANGER GUARD DOG). Most people stay in their vans until I get to them or put the dogs away - Both are usually in 'controlled spaces' but can get out if needed. One is in a low outside pen. I cant stop anyone coming in my gate, despite having warned them. The entire rest of my area is fenced. Why should I suffer if they come in ,despite the warning - We have an outside post box and put the bins out. Dogs are always under control when we know when someone is coming by arrangement.

When we found neighbour in our field, at night, the dog (rottweiler) out for a walk, ran up to him and sat on his dog and growled at him - if he had moved to help his dog - god knows. He was looking for a chicken and felt he had a right to look without even notifying us, a simple phone call and we'd have helped. I know circumstances alter cases but what used to be a right( if all precautions are taken) becomes a crime because law- makers aren't that clever at framing law these days.