Been offered a HW100 very cheap.

English archer

I have the chance to buy a HW100 for just £400.

But.

I have used this gun before, and after 2 hours my hand was very sore.

It is the thumb hole version, and after 2 hours the skin between my thumb and index finger, on my trigger hand, was very sore.

I have never shot any other thumb hole stock before.

Would this be down to how I was holding the gun, or it just not fitting me?

I have considered buying it, and trying to swap the stock for a sporter one.

Any other ideas please?

Do you have small hands? I do, and they're the reason I don't get on with some gun stocks. I think I'm right in saying the Thumbhole HW100, you have to grip the gun with the thumb round the side not in a 'thumb up' position? That's where small hands are a bit of an issue, I end up having to stretch a bit to get a hold and it hurts after a while.There's nothing worse than having a gun that you don't enjoy shooting. They the are great guns, but the thumb hole is just not comfortable for me. Might be the same for you? Not every gun suits every person. Try the different stock, but if it's not comfortable, I wouldn't bother with the gun, no matter how cheap it is!

I think I'd have to agree with Woody (Paul) on this, try it, and if you don't like you know you can get 500+ back on the gun, I just had a Bargain on a hw100st at 550quid, with a hawke nite-eye scope so i'm certain you won't lose money on it if you don't get on with it after a few sessions, or even change the stock as mentioned,