corvids again

Paul taylor

20140514_142630_zpsttlyrqrx.jpghad a couple hours after the crows again today, once again not many about and they didn't decoy in from a distance so well today I think flight lines have moved a bit with wind direction being different also had a decoy blow off a post and lay on its side for a while which probably didn't help. On the plus side I shot better having six birds for nine shots, 2 being follow up shots on the floor so only one miss nothing that came over decoys lived. Ozzie the dog also did a blind retrieve from the tall barley, I didn't see where it came down but knew it was dead so sent him into rough area and a minute later this big daft springer head with a jackdaw in its mouth jumped up to see where I was so chuffed to bits with him, his nose obviously works fine.

End bag 3 jackdaws 2 crows 1 rook.

Edited by Paul taylor

Cheers for the comments gents.

Terry, I still feel surprise every time I pull the trigger and one falls from the sky lol it's getting more common though!

Guns an AYA Yeoman £100 from wabbit bosher, to me a shotgun is a sxs not got owt against other types but sxs is what I think when I think of shotguns.

Atb P.T