What would you use on a trailer floor?

harrycatcat1

I have the ideal stuff in my yard.

Its plastic track mat. The stuff that is put down as temporary tracks at events.

Its light weight, totally slip resistant, and is in 8 x 4 sheets.

They are expensive to buy, I have several, they are pre used and have the odd crack, but this wouldn't affect your job.

If you come and get it you can have one.

webber

that sir, is a very kind offer :good::good::good:

the stuff i used to have in the back of the landrover came from a carpet warehouse (commecial) it was the old outside type of door matting made from pressed out lozenges of car tyre or conveyor belt then riveted together....

Don't bother with stock board! It's hard wearing yes but we used to use small bits as slippers for sliding doors, and as lying down boards for sliding under wagons, the theme being it slips and slides easy!

Carpet would be the quickest cheapest solution, that's what you'll see on a lot of horsebox ramps (along with rubber) it'd need to be glued in place

Don't bother with stock board! It's hard wearing yes but we used to use small bits as slippers for sliding doors, and as lying down boards for sliding under wagons, the theme being it slips and slides easy!

Carpet would be the quickest cheapest solution, that's what you'll see on a lot of horsebox ramps (along with rubber) it'd need to be glued in place

Sounds like carpet has the vote :good:

Thanks everyone :good::good: