Zoli Columbus

button

I have one and if I only ever keep one 12g for the rest of my life then it will be the Columbus.

Its a fantastic shotgun, light and fits me perfectly, the Silver Pigeon feels like a scaffolding plank compared to it.

I've had no trouble at all with it despite it being abused in all weathers, its the gun I always take with me and always end up using no matter what the circumstances, although I'm mainly a game shooter and only shoot clays very occasionally. Its been in rain, mud, dropped whilst climbing fences and generally used well, I look after it and strip it to clean it thoroughly every single time it comes out of the cabinet, but its been faultless.

I'm sure its about 10yrs old now and from what I remember its one of the first ones bought in by Fawcetts, so I don't know what the newer ones are like.

I haven't been in Fawcetts for a few months but I'm sure they've got a brand new one (that is an early serial number but never been used) for about £1300 and its a steal, you'd have to pay more than twice as much to get something better.

I actually considered buying it as a spare just in case anything ever happened to the one I've got.

Mick Nicholson really liked mine and although he's sponsored by Zoli and (I think) Fawcetts he's a straight talking bloke and would say if it was ****, so if its good enough for him then its certainly good enough for me.

Bottom line is try it out, if it fits well and feels good then you'll enjoy owning it.