Whining burglar locked up after HE dialled 999 to complain he had been

The Ghost

Definitely a discrepancy with his story relating to the loading of the gun. He obviously had time to cock and load the air rifle. Reading the story you would think that the burglar had 3 pellets put into him? Regardless of the specifics it's good to see sense prevailing.

Had it been a repeating rifle that can be reloaded in the blink of an eye i'd say yep, fair play but that's a BSA Lightning, it takes time to load and fire twice so how the heck did he get away with it??

I think one shot then bray the thief until the stock was in shreds would have been more believable!! :yes:

Glad he got off with it though as the thief knew he shouldn't have been there, hope he's in loads of pain from the pellets too :yahoo:

John :)

Had it been a repeating rifle that can be reloaded in the blink of an eye i'd say yep, fair play but that's a BSA Lightning, it takes time to load and fire twice so how the heck did he get away with it??

I think one shot then bray the thief until the stock was in shreds would have been more believable!! :yes:

Glad he got off with it though as the thief knew he shouldn't have been there, hope he's in loads of pain from the pellets too :yahoo:

John :)

Think he might of got over the pain as the article appears to be over 3 years old

I read the article, but must admit I am not sure on the situation.

So, are you allowed to point a loaded weapon at someone if they are on your property?

Crikey, the future wouldn't look great to a burglar at the Camokid palace for sure :-)

you know i like my hmr :ninja::ninja::lol:

haha

If this was in the general shooting matters section, you'd have someone saying that only a centrefire will hurt anything larger than a rabbit - better upgrade to the 270 for any burglars then.... :good: haha

270 is over kill i dont want to lose a wall

270 is over kill i dont want to lose a wall

haha! at a dawn shoot when the world is silent, I can imagine an un-moderated (IIRC that yours is such) would possibly give me an actual heart attack.

Wonder if the law would allow the use of a propelled flare like on a yacht when a burglar is in the garden? (Not aimed at them) would just illuminate like mad...

I was thinking of buying a load of those paintball smoke grenades and keeping them in my bedroom so if broken in to I could smoke the house out?

is it possible that the air rifle was for photographic purposes? surely it would be better to use an air pistol seeing as it's much less powerful, makes a louder bang and semi automatic so you can scare the carp out of the burglar without injuring them too badly...