ATTENTION ALL REMINGTON OWNERS

hunting

I am going to be purchasing g a Remington 1100 it struggles to fire the 3rd shot due to a spring been snapped. Will I be able to fire superfasts 27Grm cartridges through it. Also and pros and cons with these guns please.

I recently got an 1100 and am very pleased with it.

Question that comes to mind though, is why don't you get the boken spring replaced once you've got the gun?

Excellent guns, I have 2!, virtually bombproof, it will have no problem cycling 28g superfasts.

Probably the cartridge latch spring thats bust ,but is easily replaced. Also check the gas seal and ports if its being fussy, mine cycle all sorts. Go for it.

I have one of these legendary guns also, keep an eye on the ports in the barrel (keep them clean), make sure that the sealing o ring is in good condition for the ports and replace the spring that is broken.

After this I doubt very much there will be a cycling issue for your loads.

As previously said

Bomb proof

I have one as my only shotgun, it does eveything I ask (hence only having the one shotgun).... spits out anything I put through it, well built, looks great, fits perfectly and thus shoots like a dream.

When I get another shotgun I'll be treating myself to a brand new 1100 :D

Try www.gunspares.co.uk for Remington 1100 spares at reasonable prices

0.5mm drill will just go through the barrel gas holes without touching to remove any crud

Also 1100 was the worlds first CAD drawn shotgun and in production it think since 1946

Edited by ChrisAsh

I recently got an 1100 and am very pleased with it.

Question that comes to mind though, is why don't you get the boken spring replaced once you've got the gun?

Good question! Why not just fix it?

I have had a 1100 by the way, and now have an 11-87, very happy with both guns.

The 11-87 cycles everything, despite what people say, the other week I shot a round of skeet using club ammo, turned out when I got to the end it was 24 gr #9s, my gun cycled them all perfectly.

They really are one of the underated guns. I have had Italian semis valued at over 2k but allways go back to a 1100. Built like a brick outhouse but if they do brake bits are cheap and easy to replace.

If you can change the spark plugs on your car you can strip, clean and repair your 1100.

Some even had an adjustable valve to allow you to use light loads.

Can't think of any bad point apart from a slightly agricultural sound when cycling.

cheers guys ive found the spring i need and hopefully should have it purchased this weekend havent had a good look at it but is it easy to strip?

super easy, remove mag cap, remove the two trigger group pins and it falls apart.

Edited by thepasty