Police Scotland announce "Amended form for shotgun/firearms certif

m3vert

Police Scotland have just tweeted " from 20/5/14 an amended form must be completed if you're applying/renewing a shotgun/firearm certificate" details to follow tomorrow.

Does anyone have any idea whats being changed??

The only difference I can see at first viewing is that the requirement to sign each page has been removed. When my wife applied with the new form the FEO wasn't sure if she had to sign every page, even if it was blank and not applicable. She didn't sign the blank pages initially and the FEO had to pop into her work to get her to sign after the event otherwise they could not process.

Seemed a bit stupid, so could be just a simplification of that.

I have spoken to SACS and the new form (Application grants/Renewals) are for the whole of the UK as the previous one had a lot of faults/errors in the Statutory Instrument and due to the nature of this legislation a new Statutory Instrument is required to make the necessary amendments legal.

See link for relevant Statutory Instrument.

Sam

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2014/1239/made

looking at the forms, it says in what capacity do you know the referee.and how long has the referee known you,and now you dont sign each page, on the old so called forms, it says,in what capacity do you know the applicant

Edited by mossy835