roof mouted lamp

Davyo

Just the sucker,was thinking about maybe a u bolt for the roof rail but now thinking I will unibond the sucker to the class after painting the sucker in nato green.The tube then just slips onto the sucker in seconds and just connect the cable from the light to the perminatly wired 12v connector up by the sunblind.To open the door I just put it in a horizontal position which allows you to open the door wide.Its only my shooting truck so perminatly fixing the sucker to the sunroofs no issue.

TOTAL cost to make £3.75 as already had a couplr of suckers.

post-30855-0-09371000-1400522103_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-70097500-1400522116_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-06395600-1400522129_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-24622700-1400522440_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo

wHAT i did for mine was cut a piece of plywood to fit inthe sunroof opening,and put the light mounting in the plywood.i cut it so the sunroof would hold the ply some clips to hook under the front edge.it holds fast with my lightforce 170.even at motorway speeds for fast lamping :rolleyes: .if you would like some pics of it pm me and can txt em to you.

wHAT i did for mine was cut a piece of plywood to fit inthe sunroof opening,and put the light mounting in the plywood.i cut it so the sunroof would hold the ply some clips to hook under the front edge.it holds fast with my lightforce 170.even at motorway speeds for fast lamping :rolleyes: .if you would like some pics of it pm me and can txt em to you.

Cheers mate,but my sunroofs are not the slidy back ones but the lifty out.I bought them from a scrappy and fitted the myself £20 each.I could do the wood thing but it would mean taking the glass panel out every time.

post-30855-0-76973100-1400537953_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo

could do it that way and just it it when out lamping.nice and warm aswell then as you only need to open window to shoot.good luck dave what works for one does not always suit everone.so if it works for you succes.shoot straight and enjoy. :good::good:

Funnily enough I have had the glass out this evening measuring up. Going to give it a go it will be handy in the summer when we do all nighters once the harvest starts when I use a lamp man.