Storing guns with certified shooter.

_martin_

Just had call off FEO.

Due to my son's pathetic behaviour and his inappropriate mates, I have been advised that to avoid my certs being revoked that I should arrange to have my shotguns and fire arms stored else where.

There's no problem sorting that out, even where the firearms is concerned. (spare slot for 17HMR)

I need to transfer them to my shooting companions, but In order that I have lawful use of the guns I also need them to remain on my cert.

What do I show on column B on the cert.

I seem to take it that if they were lent to him then its only valid for 72hrs.

Advice would be gratefully accepted, because I have to get rid tonight.

I don't think you CAN store S1 with other people, unless they have authority to acquire. You might need to store with RFD.

For S2, they will need to be entered on their ticket as lent, and removed from your ticket. You can then borrow those guns for up to 72 hours without any paperwork

Edited by robbiep

Thanks for replies.

All sorted for now.

Guns stored in 2 other locations, their certs have guns on as shared, simples.

The FEO was really helpful, as always.

Only problem I have to go to their house to check the guns are ok, so it looks as I have to be out more often. Happy days.

On a similar but different thread, I am the only sgc in the house at the minute.... My lad is 15 now and I have been toying with the idea of getting him a sgc (I know he would need someone over 21 to supervise him at his age) but could my 3 guns be on his certificate at the same time? And what notifications would I need to do? How would I list them on his?

On a similar but different thread, I am the only sgc in the house at the minute.... My lad is 15 now and I have been toying with the idea of getting him a sgc (I know he would need someone over 21 to supervise him at his age) but could my 3 guns be on his certificate at the same time? And what notifications would I need to do? How would I list them on his?

I used to do a similar thing with my Dad. As I had access to my Dad's gun cabinet I had to put all of his guns plus mine onto my ticket. He also had to enter my gun on his ticket. Ask your FEO and he should be able to sort it out.

And yet, both myself and my wife have SGC, and share a cabinet ... and from our FEO, the advice was not to put guns on both tickets. As she put it (or similar wording) .. 'You both have access, so it is assumed you are happy to lend a gun to the other holder. As long as under 72 hours, it's not a problem'

I've seen this discussed a number of times, would love a definitive answer

Just out of interest not prying but what kind of things can your kids do to get your ticket pulled? Can it be petty stuff like pinching a pint of milk to a scuffle or has it got to be a bit more serious like mugging and b&e and does the child have to be convicted first or just suspected of committing a crime?