Good enough reason

Jim c

Hi I own 22lr and 17 hmr on open ticket and after going to a rifle club would like to invest in a 10/22. Would day time and night time set up justify me putting a variation in for one ? Would be used for targets and vermin.

Regards jim

i have .22lr for day and night setup, a valid reason.

normally to get one for target you will need full membership of the rifle club, so i dont think you'll get one specifically for target until you have full club membership.

you should be able to get one if you put in a variation to have a separate day and night setup though.

I think Northumbria Police just like being awkward. They also ask questions which are not part of the official script. Lancashire were worse but then suddenly became more enlightened. Norfolk were very common sense and I knew several people with dedicated night and day set ups on .22LR and .17HMR with no problems whatsoever. I suppose a lot would depend upon your areas force policy and the individual FEO's view on your reason. Not how it should be, something of a postcode lottery rather than a uniform interpretation of the law.