lee rigby

neillfrbs

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will play the devils advocate.

Why do you need a memorial ,while it is true Lee Rigby was brutally and horribly murdered he was not a "fallen hero" just an unlucky soldier picked at random by some nut cases.

Also erecting a memorial would make the place of this cowardly and vicious attack Mecca for all the other nutters out there who supported the deranged madmen that did the killing,and no doubt any sort of memorial would be defaced on a regular basis.

Bluebarrels if you name was on the ballot paper today I'd vote for you.

I've mixed feeling about a memorial, as welsh1 says sadly a memorial would get deface or become a Mecca for scum. I'd like to see the killers strung up in public but by keeping them locked up it prolongs their sufferering and I hope they live long mind numbing lives.

The memorial should be in our minds. Remembering the lies of the cowardly politicians who would not admit the cause of this outrage and the media who failed to interview any proper British Citizens who could speak of their horror. May they reap the whirlwind of our anger.

I will play the devils advocate.

Why do you need a memorial ,while it is true Lee Rigby was brutally and horribly murdered he was not a "fallen hero" just an unlucky soldier picked at random by some nut cases.

Also erecting a memorial would make the place of this cowardly and vicious attack Mecca for all the other nutters out there who supported the deranged madmen that did the killing,and no doubt any sort of memorial would be defaced on a regular basis.

+1

prehaps just a paving slab in memory off would surfice and not some big monument,it is a common sight on country roads now where people have been killed on bikes ect small memorials have sprung up

Why?

Shall we put up a paving slab for every murdered person in the country?

theres always one. craig

Suggest you go back to the second post in this thread and have a read, and the stance i have taken.

Instead of your only contribution to a debate being a smart comment how about giving some real input,do you think there should be a monument?, do you think he is a hero?

maybe because he wore a british army uniform and was willing to fight for his country ,im not getting into a debate on this but in my opinion if you wear that uniform you are a hero ,for the army and the navy and the raf

Hog wash just because you wore a uniform does not make you a hero,and it is tiring to hear it thrown out time and time again.

Edited by welsh1