Airgunning Clay Pigeons

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeeze, there are some misanthropic, walking stick waving moaners around. You may not like that sort of shooting but there's no need to question his ability, deride the speed of clay or suggest it is easy. It may have been a slower clay and not a huge distance but give the boy a break, give him praise if you like the video, just move on to the next thread if you don't.

To say anyone would struggle to hit the clay with a shotgun - priceless. Absolute sitter.

The lad done good but have to agree with Gordon here, hardly ground breaking ! I can assure you I was doing similar stuff at 12.

I"ll happily back Gordon to hit those clays off the hip with a 410 and I'm sure he'll hit one or two sitters like that with an air gun.

I wasn't that impressed. It was a very simple clay that I would expect most decent shots to shoot 99 times out of 100.

The video could well have been edited. Had the lad hit 5 in a row reloading in between shots I would say well done. I reckon the shot wouldn't be too difficult with a little practise.

You sir talk sense as usual.

srspower - your posts display the arrogance shown by the odd person who supports you. You might have found a kindred spirit in bluebarrels, but I would prefer the support of someone with a spine and a brain.

It was a decent shot - but not worthy of note.

srspower - your posts display the arrogance shown by the odd person who supports you. You might have found a kindred spirit in bluebarrels, but I would prefer the support of someone with a spine and a brain.

It was a decent shot - but not worthy of note.

I think what you've done there is muddle up arrogance with derision. As for your ad hominem attack it says more about you than it does about bluebarrels.

Gordon resorting to personal attacks,all because you do not like what people post (how sad) you need to remember people who post on here have there own opinions and sometimes they may differ from yours :yes: your the same as the rest of us on here,just a normal member with his own opinion,so drop the high and mighty attitude and move on :oops:

Edited by Bluebarrels

srspower - your posts display the arrogance shown by the odd person who supports you. You might have found a kindred spirit in bluebarrels, but I would prefer the support of someone with a spine and a brain.It was a decent shot - but not worthy of note.

Getting very personal there Gordon :yes: have I posted something you disagree with :yes::lol::lol: take today off mate,all that armchair shooting you do must be wearing you out :lol: BB

Edited by Bluebarrels

Bluebarrels - I think that you will find that you started the sarcasm.

Typical bully - can dish it out, but can't take it. My last post on the subject - feel free to write something which makes you feel better. It will say something about you.

Think youve just described yourself there Gordon, spineless or bully I am not, but you come across as both and when someone stands upto you , you try and turn it around your just a big bag of wind

Edited by Bluebarrels

just to add to the topic,, as said WE could do that shot with OUR eyes closed,,, if it was safe of course,,,,,

IF (when I was his age) I pointed a loaded air rifle in the air and pulled the trigger I can asure you I would of had a very sore backside as my father would of given me a right slap

on another note,,, he ( the young guy) has obviously practised and good on him for that BUT do we really need to watch this and post it all over the interned for clowns to copy ,,and yes they will and it might not be in a safe environment

srs,,,,,,,,,you encourage young people to stay away from pigeon watch,, ??? that's an amazing comment to make,, can I ask WHY ??? I have found pigeon watch members and mods very very helpful in many ways,,so much so I have a lot of respect for some members on here , I,ve even got three,,yes THREE new shooting friends whom I met off this site and all I can say is they are all gentlemen and most importantly very very safe shots also,,

unlike yourself I try to encourage the younger generation to take up shooting in any form,, I also tell them to have a look on here also,, not once have they had bad stuff put to them on here,,

if you think so LOWLY of pigeon watch WHY OH WHY do you yourself come on here,, ??? ??????

kettle black springs to mind

atb Evo

just to add to the topic,, as said WE could do that shot with OUR eyes closed,,, if it was safe of course,,,,,

IF (when I was his age) I pointed a loaded air rifle in the air and pulled the trigger I can asure you I would of had a very sore backside as my father would of given me a right slap

on another note,,, he ( the young guy) has obviously practised and good on him for that BUT do we really need to watch this and post it all over the interned for clowns to copy ,,and yes they will and it might not be in a safe environment

srs,,,,,,,,,you encourage young people to stay away from pigeon watch,, ??? that's an amazing comment to make,, can I ask WHY ??? I have found pigeon watch members and mods very very helpful in many ways,,so much so I have a lot of respect for some members on here , I,ve even got three,,yes THREE new shooting friends whom I met off this site and all I can say is they are all gentlemen and most importantly very very safe shots also,,

unlike yourself I try to encourage the younger generation to take up shooting in any form,, I also tell them to have a look on here also,, not once have they had bad stuff put to them on here,,

if you think so LOWLY of pigeon watch WHY OH WHY do you yourself come on here,, ??? ??????

atb Evo

It is up to the shooter to decide whether the shot he/she is about to take is safe or not. It can be no there way. No one else. It may not be to everyones taste but neither are a lot of things potentially dangerous.

We shoot branchers with .22 air and RF on a regular basis from directly below, and have done so for donkies years. It is common practise around here.

Richard Brigham , the well respected pigeon shooter and stuffer of animals does it also, and wrote an article on it as part of his occupation as a writer in a national shooting magazine, 'Sporting Gun'. I don't recall any calls for the immediate revocation of his tickets nor indeed any other criticism.

Evo I think the expression you are looking for is 'the pot calling the kettle black' which isn't really the correct term for what you were trying to say. But I digress, you are right there are lots of great guys on here and lots of useful information.

BUT I am an adult with thick skin, I also have over 2000 subscribers the majority of which are young people. I also work in education. Making such a mean spirited hurtful comment such as yours would be enough to put a young person off shooting for life.

You want to make constructive criticism? How about a comment like:-

'Great shooting especially at such a young age and well done on the comp Sam. But I hope it was safe to shoot in the air the way you did?'

Suggesting they are idiots is the worst thing you could do. Have some respect. Anyone would think you didn't want young people involved in the sport if you are going to try and shoot them down at every turn. As is common here, by a vocal minority, hence why I advise youngsters to avoid.

As for your 'shooting in the air' comment? What are you going on about? It's an airgun not a rimfire for goodness sake.

Edited by srspower

I*m surprised that if what i think i see at the end of video is correct the shooter shoots at a target on the ground with at least two spectators within rick o shea distance. Correct me if im wrong. Obtw i could hit this target with a marble from my catapult.

atb Evo

what's not safe about that video you numpty. So your telling me you've never shot an air rifle into the air or shot pigeons up tree at a lesser angle than in the video , get a life . It's comments

Like yours that puts this forum down.

Edited by jayDT10

Evo, I normally have a lot of time for you and your thoughts, but on this one I'm struggling to work out where you're coming from. It's an air rifle, so a pellet falling back to earth is going to have so little energy left, I doubt it'd even sting. It looks as though (and has been stated to have been) shot over private ground, so no issues there then and nothing in the vid suggests a danger to anyone else. As for other people seeing this and trying to copy, you've only got to look on YouTube for a whole raft of far more dangerous 'challenges'!

Sorry mate, IMO this much ado about nothing. Nice bit of fun shooting from a young and obviously gifted lad though, I'd like to see the nay sayers pull it off, especially Mr 'Catapult and Marbles'! LOL

Mongrel,google gamekeeper john,google Pat the warrener. they both are proficent catapult shots. I have a friend who has won competitions shooting clays with his catty. Not slow incoming dinner plates. Going away trap type targets,rabbit targets etc etc etc. these competitions were set up by myself and were no different from any straw bale sporting shoots up and down the country I have on vhs tape some of these targets being broken. i have loads of times shot bolting rabbits (clays) with. my marbles.

what's not safe about that video you numpty. So your telling me you've never shot an air rifle into the air or shot pigeons up tree at a lesser angle than in the video , get a life . It's comments

Like yours that puts this forum down.

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol: ,,brilliant,,,, get a life ,,,even better,,,, its commentsLike yours that puts this forum down.,,, pure genius,,, :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

Bluebarrels - I think that you will find that you started the sarcasm.

Typical bully - can dish it out, but can't take it. My last post on the subject - feel free to write something which makes you feel better. It will say something about you.

:lol: Another quality post Gordon,if you cannot stand the heat get outta the kitchen :lol: I think your above post says more about yourself than me :yes:

Edited by Bluebarrels

Bluebarrels - I started off thinking you were just a bit thick. I now scrub the "bit". We could indulge in a battle of wits, but you are clearly unarmed and I don't like to take advantage.

You mention tolerance of others views, but somehow don't think I am entitled to one. I said the shot was good, but nothing special. That wasn't good enough for you.

PS. I think shooting the clay at the end of the video is just plainly stupid and dangerous - that is my view. In Thick World, it might be judged differently.

Ok Gordon if you say im thick well it must be correct because your always right in your world, but one thing I know Gordon is defo a MORON

Thought youd done with this thread? Seems you cannot resist jumping on the hook, anyway I will bring it to an end, really no point arguing with an idiot like yourself after all you will always win, you will always beat me with experience.

Edited by Bluebarrels