starlight arrow review

colin lad

Good news Bud :good: did you play with the bayonet and focus ring atb Terry

i got a silencer on mine mate so can't attach a bayonet lol sorry couldn't resist,

as others advised me i screwed eye piece in then 1/4 turn at a time till i got best pic then paralex to tune into target depending on distance

Colin

well I have had my arrow over three weeks . it took a bit of time to get it zeroed a great bit of kit

have the fire fly ir killing stuff 150 yards no problem but can pick foxes rabbits a lot further out . I took it to dorset to four other keepers to have a look , two of them have archers

they were surprised how good it was . the arrow has a smaller field of view but its a lot cheaper. Julia will be pleased to no you have two more to sell

if any one is looking to buy any kind of digital nv try the arrow from starlight

well I have had my arrow over three weeks . it took a bit of time to get it zeroed a great bit of kit

have the fire fly ir killing stuff 150 yards no problem but can pick foxes rabbits a lot further out . I took it to dorset to four other keepers to have a look , two of them have archers

they were surprised how good it was . the arrow has a smaller field of view but its a lot cheaper. Julia will be pleased to no you have two more to sell

if any one is looking to buy any kind of digital nv try the arrow from starlight

Hope you don't mine me asking why did you have trouble to get it zeroed. With my Archer i use it on all my rifles just stick it on and focus it then off to go. Also how does it effect field of view i know the Archer does if you wind up mag on scope. Might have a look at 1 of these myself for rabbits .atb Terry

Thanks, I did mean for image though not to zero, in Colins first post he had trouble at night setting up, could he have done the set up of the Arrow in day time and had the same image at night, I know you can't with an archer as its tubed but would it be possible with digital ?

the only reason it took a bit of time to zero it was on the arrow has its own focus and I had my scope mag to high; bought it back to six mag. played with arrow focus and side focus no problem so human error and the field of view is a smaller picture / I use a 4x16x50 and on the archer they had a 3.5x16x50 I hope this helps but Julian is so helpful

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently trialling both of the Arrows. Initial results show that apart from a few minor niggles, the units perform really well. The high tech ones picks up bunny eyeshine easily at 300m plus using the Firefly laser. At close range such as 50m there is a lot of glare which needs to be filtered out using the focus on the laser and the brightness controls on the unit. Surprisingly, the lower spec one gives a very clear image out to 150m plus, with bunny eyeshine out to 250m. This image using the Firefly on the cheaper model is in my opinion better than the dearer one, which makes it ideal for air rifle and rimfire use. I will submit a further update in a few days time when I have pushed the two units to the limit. One thing that was very noticeable was that the Firefly outperformed my Nightmaster 800 by miles, the only drawback being that it is quite bright and maybe detectable by foxes and bunnies at close ranges. I believe that Starlight have come in for a bit of stick over delivery dates, but based upon my initial trials, the delay should be well worth it.

Hi.....I am using two identical Bushnell 6500 Elites, which are OK for rimfire and FAC air rifle use. I keep the magnification always on 6x, which I find suits both versions of the Arrow. I had a brief play using the Firefly on my Photon and that appeared to give good results. Will have a more detailed test tonight. Just as an aside I have used all the digital NV that has come on the market, and rate the Photon as best value. However I am led to believe that there may be a new scope coming out in the not too distant future that operates as a normal day scope, but at the touch of a button, it transforms into a digital night sight, and the price will not be a silly one. Night vision technology is moving ahead rapidly with items becoming overtaken within a few months of their launch.

• 3 weeks later...

If any of you chaps in driving distance of me then you are welcome to come out with me one night to look through mine and see what you think could shoot a rabbit or 2 to give it a proper trial

Colin

Very good of you sir and thanks for the offer :good:

• 4 months later...