Just an observation

We've been out lamping foxes for a few weeks now and I'm using my usual Roe deer load of Federal 85 grn Sierra Gameking BTHP which are very hard hitting and do the job nicely. One of my mates couldn't get his usual load so bought some 55 grn ballistic tips and to say they are devastating on a soft skinned animal such as a fox is an understatement. No good for Roe ( or anything you intend to eat actually) but bloody hell, have never seen anything like it. Humane is one description! Just an observation.

I have used Hornady Ballistic Tips in 50grain for my .22-250 for about 18 years. The classic load of 38 grains of H380 pushes them out incredibly accurately and the devestation on arrival is unbelievable. There is no doubting it is very humane but not a round for anything you may want to eat.

Try placing a sheet of carboard like an opened packing carton about 6 feet behind your target board when zeroing and see the shotgun type patterns the shards produce.

I use 55grn V Max in my 22-250 and they 'make a mess' to say the least. I'm also using up my 100grn SP's in my .243, and they are heavy hitting too.

Yeah. I've recovered some 100grn soft points in the past, and their uniformity expansion is impressive. Do you know at what speed your 55 grn V max are travelling; the 22-250 being a flat shooter?

Yeah. I've recovered some 100grn soft points in the past, and their uniformity expansion is impressive. Do you know at what speed your 55 grn V max are travelling; the 22-250 being a flat shooter?

They are home loads, and to be honest, I've never got round to putting them through my Chrono. I will do in the near future though, out of interest.