HOWA GUTTED !!!!

pigeon mad

Picked up my new howa stealth combo set up yesterday was quality looked the nuts with the fluted barrell was well happy UNTILL

I took it to zero I was using hornandy v max 55 grain the first five went through fine was really impressed with how accurate and scrisp it was then :( the bolt started to get tight to close then nightmare brass stuck in the chamber bolt wouldent close so back to mine cleaning rod down and out it come on closer inspection of the fired cases they were scratched all the way up so loaded one in and out a couple times and the bullet head was soooooo scratched and the top of the brass cases were actually dented !

So this morn I took it back the guy from howa rang me apologising he was really good actually and he's getting it back to me as soon as it's sorted with a few freebies for the inconvenience so back to waiting now for it to come again allready had to wait three weeks them foxes will just have to wait a bit longer !!!!!!!!

Only problem I have with my .308 is the chamber must have been done when the reamer was nearing the end of its life as it's a tight chamber.

Still passes the go/no go gauges though so technically it's in spec. Howerver while most factory ammo will load OK cases FLS with Lee, RCBS, Hornady and Redding dies would either not chamber or be very tight when closing the bolt.

Sorted as my RFD skimmed a few thou" off the bottom of my Lee die to get me going and I then bought a set of RCBS Small Base dies but after trying them once to see if they did the job (which they did) they went back in the box and I just use the Lee die :)