Rouging

raphael262

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's where you walk up and down the tramlines of the fields pulling out the wild oats and possibly weeds as well depending on the farmer some will spray weeds and you just need to get oats...... Nice job on a sunny day remember sun cream and decent gloves to protect ur hands

It's where you walk up and down the tramlines of the fields pulling out the wild oats and possibly weeds as well depending on the farmer some will spray weeds and you just need to get oats......

Nice job on a sunny day remember sun cream and decent gloves to protect ur hands

Doubt it's that because this farm don't do oats only wheat

It means you have to sleep in the barn. Lol. Most work now a days is done with tractors.

I know just wondering if it is what will I be doing :)

I got a yes for summer work on a farm !! :) and got told I could do "rouging" what is this lol

Rouging will depend on the crop.

I have done some rouging in the past on tulips, you pick out the ones that are the wrong colour/type and spray them and break the heads off.

rouging.........................

Bloody soul destroying work.........usually done on wheat fields to remove anything that is not wheat....cause it will go as seed...........there is a girl who does it around here...she says it helps if you plug your i-pod in and go mindless

rouging.........................

Bloody soul destroying work.........usually done on wheat fields to remove anything that is not wheat....cause it will go as seed...........there is a girl who does it around here...she says it helps if you plug your i-pod in and go mindless

Thats about the truth of it! I only did a couple of days of it this year when i was at a loose end at work before the weather got better for me to get back to my usual work!

manual weeding on a large scale, in a field where no one can hear you scream !!!!! atvb

HHhaaaaaahhhahhah......thats about it.......................then again there are some people who like to do it...so dont get down in the dumps.........plenty of sun cream..i-pod-and lots of water to drink

Rougeing will be hellish this season, wheats are full of barley. Whatever you do, remember to bring a nice spotlessly clean plastic bucket with a lid and a clean hacksaw with you. As you set off on your first field take the top off your head with the hacksaw and pop your brain in the bucket until you are done. You wont need it for a long time.

you wicked bunch of ****.....he wont know whether he will be played with.....rogered, by a bunch of unshaven farmers...or pull on stuff....dont know whether to expect sore hands or a sore bottom..............its that rouge that attracts them

you are not by any chance auditioning for a small part in "Deliverance".....if you start to hear banjo's....RRUUUnnnnnnn for it

Sorry for going off topic a little bit now I spent my day today talking to farmers trying to get summer work and almost all of them have taken details to give around to other farmers for me I really respect them for this !!!!

How long will you be rouging for? I certainlly wouldnt want to be doing it for more than a week or so

As has been said it can be soul destroying work but at the end of the day work is work and money is money!

When my wife and I started out in fruit and veg agriculturat/horticultural work some 15 years ago in Norwich the first job we had was hoing (By hand) fields of broad beans and celabrese (sp) and making sure that we took out any "dingles" (Some might know them as Smelly May Flowers). This was monotoneous work but being paid by the acre we gave ourselves a target and worked hard to make that target a reality. In the first week we had earned enough to buy ourselves a cheap "run an round" motor and a fortnight later we had earned and saved ourselves enough to buy a small caravan and started out on a "circuit" of fruit and veg picking and mainly through hard work we built up a circuit of work that would tied us over for many years to come and keep us in work for most of the year until we decided that it was time to settle down and give up that lifestyle!

If the OP wants to work and earn some money for himself then I say power to his elbow for being willing to bend his back and have a go!