new to air rifles

kylep

Hey guys im new to the shooting scene just in process of doing my paper work for my fac....anyway im after some info on rifles something spring action to start me off.. me and gf bought a farm and land so its for crows magpies etc. Im from northern ireland any info be great cheers kyle

Hey mate, welcome to the site, and the sport!

I'm a fan of the HW range of springers and a lot of others are too. They're built to last, very accurate and there's bound to be a weight/length/mechanism/stock type that will suit any shooter out there.

It's all about trying them out though and seeing which one suits you best. Personally, I wouldn't get a springer that was too much over Great Britain's 12ft/lb limit. I'm guessing your crow and magger bashing will be around farm buildings? too much power can leave nasty holes in things that shouldn't have holes!

Welcome to the forum .

I know you need a FAC for a airgun in Ireland but is there still a maximum energy level ?

If you want a spring gun running over 12ft / lb then the HW80 would be a very good buy.

If you want sub 12ft / lb then take your pick from HW95 , HW98 , HW97 , HW77 all good guns.

Also the AirArms tx 200 and Prosport are worth a look and are very popular.

Other than those there is nothing that will come close to them quality wise .

Edited by fenboy

Cheers guys yes it for farm buildings barns etc guy at gun store was saying about to much power would go thro the metal roof so something 12ft/lbs do the job just so many choose from was lookibg something nice that does the job good scope too

Some nice guns on the list fenboy cheers i have look

Have a search for a HW80k, easy to get over 12 ft/lbs, very accurate and will last a lifetime. Mine is 26 years old and still going strong. I use a Hawke scope 3 x 9 x 50 Sport with AO and IR, a good scope for around £100.00 ish. ATB.

+1 I agree ..... Have two over twenty five years old .... Brilliant rifles.

Have a search for a HW80k, easy to get over 12 ft/lbs, very accurate and will last a lifetime. Mine is 26 years old and still going strong. I use a Hawke scope 3 x 9 x 50 Sport with AO and IR, a good scope for around £100.00 ish. ATB.

And I have the scope, which is in my opinion probably the best for the money of new scopes out there.

We dont have power limits here in NI, all airguns go on FAC here. I got a hatsan striker 1000s supposed to be 15 or 18 ft lbs.

True, but where you're shooting gives power limits anyway. The 12ft/lb limit in Great Britain produces guns that are perfectly suitable to shooting in and around farm buildings for rats and pigeons. 30ft/lbs is fine for field work, but you're going to get a lot of holes in the buildings!