AYA Super Solway

BellySlater

• 6 months later...

Very late to this string of replies. My super slow at, purchased in the mid ‘up’s was full and full, and with 1 and 7/8 loads, and 1.1/2 ounce eley BB shot patterned badly with ‘balling’ of shot. Bored out quickly to improved cylinder and 1/4 choke - perfect! Even using 1 ounce Impax on pigeon was a dream! Don’t expect a rapid swing through 😀

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

Yes I realise I am late to this one😉,  I own a Super Solway 3" magnum rated gun. It was sold originally with two sets of barrels, 29" 1/4 and half choke and a 32" full and full and I still have both sets of barrels. 

When I purchased the gun I asked the question about steel shot and was advised not to open the larger barrels but leave as is and use the ample shorter ones. His comment being you should  e able to hit anything with them if you are a decent shot. To be fare he was right. 

The Solway although big and intimidating against an English side by side is a lively gun and you can throw it around like a stick at the sky, well balanced and a pleasure to use. 

Regards from a northerner.