Mobile Phone, Which one?

Beretta28g

My phone contract is now up for renewal and I have the following options

Sony Experia

IPhone 5c 8GB

There are others if people have some reccomendations, but although I use a smartphone, (I have a Galaxy S3 Advance) I have no idea whats best?

What does the PW massive recommend?

It's a bit like asking which shotgun should I buy.

I may be wrong but I think the Sony is waterproof, so it you work outdoors then maybe go that way,

I have an I phone 4s which does what I expect and I find easy to use

Apart from being waterproof I know nothing about the Sony

:shaun:

I have the Xperia z it's ace! Moved from iPhone and don't regret it i will be getting the z2 when contract is up! :) like it that much I got the Xperia tablet z also! You won't go far wrong; waterproof and it's got a boss camera! You'll be able to take cracking photos of your shooting days out :)

Edited by WinchesterDave

A friend has the new Sony and an I phone, the Sony is a lt bigger and he prefers it. I think your either an apple or android person. IMO apple is more user friendly but that's only my feeling after using both. Both systems have their faults and strengths. Is 8 gb enough I'd go for the 16.

The thing with ios is, as has been said, more user friendly..but android, once you have got used to it is incredibly easy to use with more features and allows for much much more personal customisation which I prefer :) plus side for the Sony Xperia it's got hard tempered glass front and back to try and help resist cracks

I have recently bought the iPhone5s and have to say its a great phone. However, I did look closely at the Xperia Z1 and was very tempted indeed, the thing that put me off was McAfee antivirus symbol at the top of the screen. I also like the way that as soon as you hook your new phone up to iTunes it automatically sets it up the same as your previous iPhone :-)

I still feel that the 5s is still pretty much the same as the 4 (obviously faster etc, etc) that I had, it'd be nice if Apple did something a bit radical for a change. The iPhone6 (larger screen - apparently) is out in a couple of months, might be worth hanging on to see their latest offering...

Edited by Bloggs

I've always had an iPhone so when the renewal came in I went for a 5c. Got it out the box, charged and sync'd it and off to work next day. I had to charge it again by 3 o'clock. I asked other owners and they said "oh yeah, the battery is ****!"

Sent it back for a 5s which after 10 minutes out the box developed a faulty home button. I say faulty, it didn't do anything.

Waiting for a new one to arrive! If it wasn't for the 4G capability I'd have gone for a 4s on a cheap as chips contract. The 4 I have does everything I need it to at the minute, tho the faster service will be good.

Good luck

JF

htc one,aint bad

+1

One of the best phones in the world but gets overlooked due to lack of marketing.

But don't take my word for it.

http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadgets/phones/htc-one-m8

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/20-best-mobile-phones-in-the-world-today-645440

You will probably buy an Iphone though.

+1

One of the best phones in the world but gets overlooked due to lack of marketing.

But don't take my word for it.

http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadgets/phones/htc-one-m8

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/20-best-mobile-phones-in-the-world-today-645440

You will probably buy an Iphone though.

Have to agree,it does the job so well,when I get an upgrade I will probably get another htc1.

The htc is a cracking bit of kit. looks superb!

i very nearly got that instead of the galaxy s5 but the samsungs camera is better and thats the thing i use most!

if i didnt need the camera spec though, i dont think i would have been able to choose between them...