glow plugs

kennett

Evening all, just changed the glow plugs on my truck and somehow managed to shear off one of the top spindles that connects it to the power bar. It's snapped flush so is still connected but not clamped tight. Just wondering if it will be ok, ie not create a short or anything and is there a bodge other than spending £15 on another one?

Slightly off topic, but why do some people fit them so tight, i am sure they use a three quarter drive socket. In the last 15 years i have had 2 shear off, both in peugots. i have recently replaced my landy ones and put a bit of copperslip on the threads.

Slightly off topic, but why do some people fit them so tight, i am sure they use a three quarter drive socket. In the last 15 years i have had 2 shear off, both in peugots. i have recently replaced my landy ones and put a bit of copperslip on the threads.

peugots...seat...vw......if they break off you are stuffed ...head off drill them out......steel into aluminium is a nightmare..........if you are fitting them use copper slip maybe

peugots...seat...vw......if they break off you are stuffed ...head off drill them out......steel into aluminium is a nightmare..........if you are fitting them use copper slip maybe

ditchmans on the money the chemical reaction between steel and Ali will lock them in pretty tight Copper slip helps A lot