Stolen spare wheel - Range Rover Sport

SNS

Hi all -my spare has gone missing for the 2nd time - worryingly I think from outside the house last night.

Question is - am I just unlucky / being targeted or is it fairly common for these things to be stolen ?

I asked the Police when I reported it but there were not particularly forthcoming with info

Many thanks in advance......

talking of winches thats another favourite to go missing,ive had 2 stolen from my recovery truck,welded the mounting bolts in place now :yes: .Might be worth all you winch owners checking the nick ability of yours,im afraid in this day and age if you cant hide it...weld it down :no: .

If you go to the disco3 forum www.disco3.co.uk there is a guy on there called Ray and his user name is RLD, he make a anti theft device which goes on the winch end and goes up into the wheel when winched ( bit like a round metal plate) makes them unstealable, about £80 - £90 delivered, first thing I bought for my discovery when I got it...!

Get a tracking device installed in the spare and wait until it goes missing again. Or else you could stick a very small bit of black tar on the side of the tyre, let it set then stick a few bits of grey duck/duct tape over the tar. Anyone wanting to steal it might pull the tape off and think the tar was a bodged sidewall repair job. Might work.

So I take it the wheels and tyres stolen are full size?

Can you not get a scrawny space saver type - probably no one would want to nick one of them.

It's only the full sized alloy wheels off the HSE that's gets stolen, I bought this wheel protector and when it was in land rovers for a service they rang me and asked where I got it from, they now have some in stock to offer victims that come in asking for a new winch and wheel..!

If you go to the disco3 forum www.disco3.co.uk there is a guy on there called Ray and his user name is RLD, he make a anti theft device which goes on the winch end and goes up into the wheel when winched ( bit like a round metal plate) makes them unstealable, about £80 - £90 delivered, first thing I bought for my discovery when I got it...!

+1 - got an RLD spare wheel protector as well, one of the first things I got !