Mackerel are go

rich1985

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where abouts Ollie?

I got bad news on the Bream, some illegal netters have cleaned out the Helford, hopefully more will come in over the next few weeks.

They even continued after some locals took action and "immobilised" their cars after despair at the lack of action from the authorities.... the thieves responded by wrecking a load of locals fishing gear!

I like the Wild West :)

ah over above Kennack beach... a cracking spot for a holiday.

Will reply to your pm with some marks ;)

If you want quick mackerel action Porthkerris is worth a trip, never fails on the mackeral and if you've got a few rods stick some out on the hard ground, we've had some cracking Bull Huss off there and loads of Doggys.

Me and my lad had a dozen mackerel on mini feathers on Sunday. We were kayak fishing off Meadfoot beach, Torbay, caught red gurnard, pollack, launce too.... great bait for bass! Once unhooked they go onto a fish string and trail in the water by side of the kayak to stay fresh, during quiet spells the fish get cleaned and generate more interest from more mackerel :yes::yes: .

Tightlines guys! :good:

I just love mackerel fishing, my favourite fish by a long way. Taste so damned good too!

So called "proper" fisherman seem to look down on folk that go mackerel fishing. I don't care, I don't want to catch record size fish or rarest fish I just love catching mackerel.

The biggest down side to it is the horrible mess that people leave strewn all over the popular marks. I can not understand why they think it is OK. I won't go on a weekend or bank holiday etc, only way I know how to avoid them.

Pwllheli beach was good last year.

Anywhere can be hit and miss by the nature of the fish.

I went last night and only caught one where I caught 29 last week. I won't go at the weekend because of the hoards of numpties, you could see from the piles of rubbish left over from the weekend that it had been busy. These people should be thrown in in my opinion.

Anyone recommend somewhere in Wales thats good for the mackeral? fancy a couple of days camping in July.

I enjoyed many good sessions down on the Lleyn peninsula mostly off the rocks overlooking Bardsey sound below Aberdaron, a stunning place but worth more than two days, or famously Mackerel rock on Angelsey often turned into a dump by anglers, just about anywhere with access to deepish water in July