1.3 ctdi egr

Amazed

Have never done it but I understand you may need to have the ECU re-calibrated to stop management light problems.

If you alter the ECU it is notifiable to insurance and they may not accept it because the car will no longer conform with manufacturer's emissions.

Plenty of people seem to blank EGRs but it could invalidate insurance - the choice is yours.

Have never done it but I understand you may need to have the ECU re-calibrated to stop management light problems.

If you alter the ECU it is notifiable to insurance and they may not accept it because the car will no longer conform with manufacturer's emissions.

Plenty of people seem to blank EGRs but it could invalidate insurance - the choice is yours.

Hi pal, I have drilled 3 5 mm holes in the plate to put the light out in effectiveness I have only 90% blanked it.

What I have read is about having to remove the cooler and re pipe the water going to from the egr any ideas ?

Thanks

Karl.

I believe your engine is produced by Fiat so a good place to look is on Fiat/Alfa Romeo forums.

FiatForum.com is a wealth of information.

You may be right about re-piping cooling water because exhaust gas recirculation causes lower combustion temperatures. Whilst reducing nitrous oxide emissions the lower temp is less efficient.

NOx level is not measured during MOT.