Jimny rear seats

Moors Man

Hi Everyone

Just a simple question, I am looking at a Jimny for my son and biggest concern is the carrying capacity. They look like they have a small boot with the back seats up, however I was wondering if the rear seats fold out of the way in a similar way to my Disc 2. I have noticed from the photos on Autotrader that there appears to be a raised catch for the rear seats in the boot and was wondering if this can removed etc as ideally I would like a flat surface for his Lintan Dog box. The nearest Jimny for sale is a 50+ mile round trip so wondered if anyone had experience before I go and see one just to find the seats won't go flat.

Thanks for your help.

The seats will only go flat if you remove the seat base which just lifts/pulls up and out. Then the seat backs lay flat to put a dog box on top.

Alternatively, as suggested, remove the backs as well - just remember which way the brackets go and where you put the bolts for safe keeping.

The only downside I found with my Jimny was the lack of space and high fuel consumption for it's size - expect low to mid 30s.

Brilliant off road even with standard tyres as it's so light it doesn't get bogged down.