SGC Renewal , Declaring Convictions

Quick question about SGC renewal ,

Do i have to list convictions on the application form if nothing has changed since my original grant 5 years ago ? , the reason i ask is that we have had a house

move and i have lost all records of my previous convictions , am i able to just write " nothing since original SGC grant " in the box ?

Thanks

PS, it was only a few silly motoring offences dating back to when i was young and stupid .

As I recall from when I got mine renewed (Just a few months ago) as long as you have not had any new convictions since your last application/renewal all you need to do is to put "None since my original application/renewal/grant"!

However it might be best to give your Firearms Office a quick call to confirm this.

you must includ all convictions,weather motoring offences or not.

I put them on for both my SGC and FAC both times the FEO said if they are fixed penalty you don't have to put them down as if they stopped you getting a licence hardly anyone would get one including himself! Even though he said that I will put them down at renewal as it is easier to do it than not then have a different FEO with a different opinion.

fixed penaltys no you dont,and parking you dont have to put them down, any thing eles yes.its all in the the notes, part 1.

How come in the notes it says i dont have to declare anything for renewal if there has been no offences since original grant ?

"On the application for a renewal only those

convictions since the grant or last renewal
need be detailed."
Copied and pasted straight from the police firearms guidance notes .

just spoke to my fao,,and all convictions now have to be noted even if they were before you last renewal or grant.....im just applying for my fac and having my sgc cert run along side it....so in the same boat as you....

Edited by simjakcal

I have just emailed this to the firearms licensing dept so will see what they have to say .

Hi I am just about to fill in the form for a SGC renewal ,

Do I have to list convictions on the application form if i have had no further convictions since my original grant 5 years ago? , the reason I ask is that we have had a house

move and i have lost all records of my previous convictions , am i able to just write " nothing since original SGC grant " in the box ?

I have checked the police Firearms guidance notes and it states .

need be detailed."
I would just like clarification that i am filling the forms out correctly
Thanks

Backward step again....so much for improved forms.

I did have a moan to David BASC a while ago but nothing has changed as far as I am aware.

The police have all this information to hand anyway so the only possible reasons I can think of for this is to discourage applications and renewals.

I have just emailed this to the firearms licensing dept so will see what they have to say .

Hi I am just about to fill in the form for a SGC renewal , [/size]

Do I have to list convictions on the application form if i have had no further convictions since my original grant 5 years ago? , the reason I ask is that we have had a house

I have checked the police Firearms guidance notes and it states .

need be detailed."

I would just like clarification that i am filling the forms out correctly

Thanks

Did you have a reply?

Yes i did , here it is

The new guidance notes for completing the renewal application state “You must not withhold information about any conviction” and does not as was the case previously apply a 5 year timescale. On that basis I would advise you to complete the offences section with all previous convictions as to the best of your recollection.

Regards,

Edited by Blacksheep