Last Minute camping essentials

raphael262

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wind Break - Handy to create a bit of a privacy barrier and may save your tent being blown around a bit if the wind picks up.

Tarpaulin - Handy if it decides to dump 6 months of rain in 10mins (unless you have a very good tent)

Wind Break - Handy to create a bit of a privacy barrier and may save your tent being blown around a bit if the wind picks up.

Tarpaulin - Handy if it decides to dump 6 months of rain in 10mins (unless you have a very good tent)

Just got a brand new tent hope it holds up !

What you really need is a hook up lead with 3 sockets that takes power from the campsite into your tent so you can run a fridge etc-like the one going begging in my shed that I keep tripping over-someone must want one?

Nice idea but no eletric

torcher,s mosy repellant anti-hisermine [nettles, bee stings,]something to pull up tent pegs, map of pub,s in the area. and most important HAVE SOME FUN

Would like map of pubs in area but useless to me as I'm only 15

Dont leave anything in contact with the canvas as it causes leaks by channeling rain. Mirror, light for gas, something for muddy boots outside and slippers inside.

Electric battery or gas lighting. its handy to have somewhere to dry things without bringing wet into the tent - lean-to cover or something.

Corkscrew/bottle opener and the essential BACON, to be cooked before 6.00am in the morning - the smell will annoy other campers !

Oh and a lettuce in case its hot !

Enjoy yourself.

If your young, a well built older woman with plenty of readies an experimental nature and a desire to please, coupled with the ability to cook gourmet meals without the benefit of ingredients or utensils.

If your older all of the above but exchange older for younger woman

Beer !

That antibacterial hand gel is useful too.

Gaffer tape for any rips in the tent/poles which go pop in the night.

An electric pump for the airhead, er, airbed.

Headtorch to help you find the hedge at 4am for a wee..

Packet of sausages