quite a storm on media sites

HDAV

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-27903858

A sign of the times..............

The whole of England and Wales - with the exception of the City of London, the Isles of Scilly and Skokholm island - is designated as a "rabbit-clearance area". But numbers have increased since the effects of myxomatosis, a disease introduced in the 1950s, have faded.

Under the Pests Act 1954, all occupiers of land have a "continuing obligation to kill or take any wild rabbits living on" it. Methods of doing so include gassing, ferreting, trapping and snaring.

Under legislation dating back to the 19th Century, the land occupier and one other person - such as a member of household staff - can shoot rabbits found there. However, the number of people able to do so is restricted by controls on gun ownership.

In short, none of Winterson's actions could be construed as illegal.

Er so thats perfectly legal then!

Could have done without the glove puppet bit. Respect for quarry and all that. Silly cow.

What do you do with your rabbit skins throw them in the bin i bet.By turning them into glove puppets and using themshe is showing them far more respect than you.So who is the silly one

Geordie

grandson woofed down his first pie 2 mothers days ago only 4 at the time bless him.till he asked mummy wot it was,when told it was fluffy bunny pie ,end of the world .we were all satan,s friends .this food comes from tins and chip shops generation needs a kick in the pants.

What do you do with your rabbit skins throw them in the bin i bet.By turning them into glove puppets and using themshe is showing them far more respect than you.So who is the silly one

Geordie

I dont throw any animal waste in the bin but thats not the point. From what i've read my perception is that she set out to wind up the sort of idiots that get easily wound up by pap like this. Mission accomplished i'd say.

I dont throw any animal waste in the bin but thats not the point. From what i've read my perception is that she set out to wind up the sort of idiots that get easily wound up by pap like this. Mission accomplished i'd say.

I did wonder if she had a book coming put soon.....

I did wonder if she had a book coming put soon.....

that's a good point no such thing as bad publicity, these media types need to create column inches

I was very lucky we used to holiday on farms when i was younger so the natural husbandry of animals became normalised for me, its easy to criticise but for so many people today they don't have a perspective on how food arrives at the table.

I didn't even know who she was, but she's on my Christmas card list now

She's an odd case. A lesbian feminist Leftie novelist who grew up in the countryside and has no problem with hunting and shooting. She must be twisting the BBC Thought Police into knots.

She's an odd case. A lesbian feminist Leftie novelist who grew up in the countryside and has no problem with hunting and shooting. She must be twisting the BBC Thought Police into knots.

It is strange as she has the physical appearance of a vegan too, and I assumed she was.

Classic comment on the Daily Telegraphs's website following the article.

Yorkshireman - Rabbits are not the only fruit. :lol:

I think that's just the rug-munching gene. It can have that effect sometimes.

Edited by Penelope