Scope buying help

The Pest Expert

Just bought a new Nikko Stirling AirKing 3-9x42 AO IR offline for £68.99 and they have messaged me saying

" thankyou for your order. Unfortunately we have just received our new price list for the Nikko Stirling scopes and they have gone upto £133.95. For the inconvenience i am willing to sell you the scope for £99.99. If that is ok"

Surely because i have paid already this is there mistake and have to send me the scope? Where do i stand on this..

Thankyou!

If they sold if for that price they are legally obliged to honor it.

We do not know the specifics of the sale/contract.

Until the deal is complete any price displayed or money offered is simply an invitation to treat, they have broken no law unless they have entered into a verbal or written contract to sell him the product for the price of £68.99. Merely displaying a price and him sending them that money is not a contract.

Something still smells very strange here!

:stupid: What he said. Only once the goods have been sent has the contract been accepted to supply those goods for whatever price. Until then they aren't obliged to do anything.

Having said that, it DOES smell a bit fishy.

I think you should get the scope for the price advertised,otherwise its false advertising,if you go to a supermarket and the price on the goods is say £1.99 then you go to checkout and the cashier says "oh im sorry its £2.99,they have to give it to you for the advertised price............

I think you should get the scope for the price advertised,otherwise its false advertising,if you go to a supermarket and the price on the goods is say £1.99 then you go to checkout and the cashier says "oh im sorry its £2.99,they have to give it to you for the advertised price............

Actually they don't, they don't have to sell it to you at all, commonly of course they will honour the price, but in reality that is simply a gesture.

:good:

Actually they don't, they don't have to sell it to you at all, commonly of course they will honour the price, but in reality that is simply a gesture.

:good:

Yup I believe Dekers is 'on the money' (pardon the pun, the devil made me do it) Money back time young sir and put the name up, other members may have had a similar experience.

Edit = grammar

Edited by Sha Bu Le

I would probably cancel & buy elswhere, as they aren't offering you best price anyway.

If you don't really need IR I would go for the 4x12x42 at £70 from BAR, which hits the sweet spot on price for me

The non IR versions actually have a slightly wider field of view than the equivalent IR version

They only charge a fiver for postage on top.

I've got 3 of the 4x12x42 (including one with IR)

BAR don't seem to do the same scope you chose as an IR version, but have a look at the choices on the link below.

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showproducts.asp?cat=Telescopic%20Sights&SubCat=Nikko%20Stirling%20Scopes

For less than the £99 you've been quoted BAR would do the 4.5x14x50 IR version!

I bought all 3 of my Airkings from BAR at different times & always without a hitch.

Also a good place for pellets, where a bulk purchase of 10 cans gets you a 10% discount and the same excellent delivery service.

Just down the road from me (1 mile) only ever get pellets from them when I have to and grossly overpriced. RWS superdomes £10.35 for 500. Geoff Wilson Carlisle (when I visit my daughter) £8.50.

Just checked their web site, scope in question now shown at £99.99

Used BAR a few times no problems at all.