1st Night Out on a New Permission

Richard 1980

So, the farmer who's land I shoot on told me about some more land he owns and asked me to pop up and see about shooting a few rabbits for him. Off I went tonight at about 8pm to see if there were many about. It was a bit quiet for the first hour after which I'd only shot 1. Anyway I persevered and carried on for another 2hours and managed to bag this lot, 15 in total.

Also managed to stretch myself by nailing one of these at 160 yards with my CZ 452 .17hmr which I've only had for 2 months. Feel like I'm really getting to grips with the rifle and enjoying every minute of using it.

It's taken me years to get in with a decent farmer and this chap seems to be pleased with what I'm doing. I text him when I left earlier and he sent one back saying "I've got another 500 acres down the road that I'll show you round some time"..... Well you can imagine the grin on my face when I read that :-)

So all in all I'm feeling pretty chuffed with myself and looking forward to my next outing. Finally feel like it's all clicking together after years of trying to find a decent permission. Just goes to show you that perseverance always pays off.

post-69282-0-00614000-1403565064_thumb.jpg