Soft cartridges for pigeons

ehb102

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as an aside, Beretta do a 'gel' pad that self sticks onto the comb of your stock. I have used one for Instruction for a couple of years with good results and they can easily be transferred from gun to gun without marking the stock. I think I paid around £15 for mine and it will even work on plastic stocks.

• 4 weeks later...

I would suggest you ask around to see if anyone can lend you a semi auto with an adjustable comb? A softer shell will help for a day, but good gun fit is more important. Get that gun and your face to a gunsmith and get it sorted asap, before headaches turn into bruised cheeks and gun shy shooting takes over. I was surprised to read you coach and mentor seems to think it is ok to accept it for now. If your gun does not fit, then no matter what cartridge you put in it, your aim will be biased in some degree 'because' the gun does not fit, ergo you will almost certainly miss more than you hit! And when you are shooting live quarry that's important. No one wants unnecessary winged birds. And for the record, I shot a fast crosser at 96yds with a 28gr no6, (witnessed and measured) will that do? :-)

I would suggest you ask around to see if anyone can lend you a semi auto with an adjustable comb? A softer shell will help for a day, but good gun fit is more important. Get that gun and your face to a gunsmith and get it sorted asap, before headaches turn into bruised cheeks and gun shy shooting takes over. I was surprised to read you coach and mentor seems to think it is ok to accept it for now. If your gun does not fit, then no matter what cartridge you put in it, your aim will be biased in some degree 'because' the gun does not fit, ergo you will almost certainly miss more than you hit! And when you are shooting live quarry that's important. No one wants unnecessary winged birds. And for the record, I shot a fast crosser at 96yds with a 28gr no6, (witnessed and measured) will that do? :-)

How is this last sentence relevant?

I shot a even faster crosser at 97 yards with 24 grams of 7,5s :P