Grillstream BBQ any body used one?

Pheasant Feeder

Not seen one in the flesh, but I suspect they are just another white-lable re-badged china-made BBQ. You will struggle to find spares. Stick to a well known brand. Weber are expensive, but you'll find spares for the next 20 years.

Website doesn't inspire confidence either. No contact details, no address, no telephone number.

I just got a new BBQ from Tesco on line after a disterous trip to B&Q (muppetry at its best).

Anyhoos all BBQs are much of a muchness and what is currently 'in' is the stainless flip top, at least 2 rows or burners, a griddle plate and if you want yo flash it up a side burner (for a saucepan).

I was looking at one of these BBQs in B&Q and it was £350 ish.

After leaving there Tescos had same looking BBQ with no badge for about £200 and when I went through the checkout process I got a surprise £50 off on top and free delivery.

No then, I thought for that money they were giving them away and I braced myself to take delivery of a new gas BBQ that would be as good as disposable and binned after a year.

To my amazement a quality BBQ arrived, the assembly instructions were in English (not Chinglish) and all the holes married up and all the bits needed were there.

Couldn't recommend them enough.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your budget?

Bbq's can look great at first glance but time will tell how good it really is. Leaving them covered in the elements will test the quality as will high cooking temperatures.

I've seen mates spend hundreds on gas bbq's only to find within a year or two they have rusted and even fall apart.

Good quality Bbq's aren't cheap but there is a reason for this!

Edited by Cosd

Quite correct Cos. Getting something all-stainless is a good start. But even a stainless burner or heat deflector will eventually corrode with all the heat - and need replacing. So you spend 600 pounds on a really nice BBQ - but if you can't get a spare burner for it a few years down the line, that is 600 pounds wasted.

Decision made purchased the following:

http://www.outbackbarbecues.com/products/meteor-select-stainless-steel-4-burner-gas

Brother in law as an older model of the same manufacturer, and seems to be of good quality, he's had it a couple of years and its still going strong.

Whilst the Grill stream was of an excellent build quality I suspect it just lacks the bbq flavour.