RIP my poor beretta!

Lord Geordie

are the pins that reset the firing pins ok ?

they are the 2 round polls that push back when cocking gun ??

if so cash waiting

cheers kirky

Not too sure i will have a propper look in the morning after i ring the insurers to see what they say as i tossed it in the back of the cabinet for the night and am just gonna make a coffee and head off to bed!

Perhaps this is a night mare??

Still It COULD have had a much worse outcome i guess and it was all down to stupidity.

The gun COULD have ended up in the wrong hands OR i could have no doubt ended in trouble over losing it :sick:

Even though it's broke i am just glad i got it back and nothing worse transpired.

There was a weird twist to this as i was running late at another shoot i went to with Ian (alisons husband) and he even said it's probably better if i just call it off.

On top of that i WAS going to use the AYA Yeoman today but at the last min and for reasons i STILL don't understand i decided to take the Beretta in the rain :lol:

If i had taken Ians advise OR my own gut feeling the least would have been a knackered AYA (no great loss)

Obv i am not meant to have a beretta :lol:

LG

****** mate but as you say easily done.just having the cash to replace it lying around would be nice all the best post a picture of what you buy :lol:

I will post a pic in about 2 years when i have saved enough :)

Being a full time carer i don't exactly make mega bucks hence the cheap guns in the Sig :lol:

The beretta was a pure fluke and per chance i had the cash to one side saved for a trip to Australia which i had to postpone anyway.

The gun was one of a Pair i got for £250 hence i am not too peeved as retrospectivley it's only cost me £125 :good:

The money i used to buy them came from selling my Boat :sick:

Still better the Gun was ran over than my Boat sunk eh :):good:

LG

:sick: Flippin hell LG, you don't do things by halves do you? Looks more like quarters, eights and sixteenths from here :lol:

*Ahem* Sorry :lol:

Being serious though from what I've read about firearms laws over there and the way things are with the cops you're as well off having it in that condition IMO than it reporting it lost :) Better to be able to replace it when you can than have flatfoot look at you funny next time you make an application :)

You could profit from this ventre LG.............Some orginisations or certain magazines might be interested in them Photo's has they would make an interesting read .......The Basc stand at game shows have a black museum (Albeit a couple )showing damaged shot guns etc! that prove popular with the crowd...........Worth a try :lol:

best to have it back in this condition than report it lost even though for myself I would be hanging from the light flex now :lol:

Good luck and I hope the out come is a positive one .

I will give the insurance a ring in the morning but aint gonna hold my breath. I read the terms and they state

You are not covered if YOU or a member of your household cause the damage :D

LG

Without seeing your policy I would expect you to be covered i you have "accidental damage, away fom the home". This is designed to cover things like video cameras etc. Just for info, I had my motorcycle leathers and helmet replaced by my home insurance following an accident, the bike insurance didnt cover these. I dont see much difference between that and a shootie.....

best of luck

:no: Flippin hell LG, you don't do things by halves do you? Looks more like quarters, eights and sixteenths from here :D

*Ahem* Sorry :)

Being serious though from what I've read about firearms laws over there and the way things are with the cops you're as well off having it in that condition IMO than it reporting it lost :o Better to be able to replace it when you can than have flatfoot look at you funny next time you make an application :yes:

you are very right, loosing it in those circumstances could well have resulted in loosing his shotgun certificate. So in the circumstances I'd almost have been celebrating as well absolutely gutting but hey it could have been worse!

Well House insurance DON'T cover it but WTH !

I have the AYA and the Lanber to use for Clays and for sporting days so it's no biggy.

Just one of those things i have to put down to experience and see it never happens again :)

Thanks for all the elbow in ribs comments and also the comments of a GENUINE nature :D

LG

are the pins that reset the firing pins ok ?

they are the 2 round polls that push back when cocking gun ??

if so cash waiting

cheers kirky

Kirky!

I will take a photo later on you can take a look to see if they are the right ones but all the internals of the action AND the ejectors etc were fine.

CYL

LG

LG

if you can get a cheap stock and fore end the barrels can be straightend

any body give,s me greif over this and LG sends me the gun i will prove it .

worth trying mate :)

Honestly it aint worth even trying

The barrels have seperated and the braising holding them together has sheered away. They are also pretty dented.

Thanks for the offer though it is VERY much appreciated :D

Kirky these are all the parts that were worth salvaging the rest is fire poker material.

473503-big.jpg

From your description i assume THIS is the part you were seeking?

473501.jpg

LG

LG

if you can get a cheap stock and fore end the barrels can be straightend

any body give,s me greif over this and LG sends me the gun i will prove it .

worth trying mate :)

Honestly it aint worth even trying

The barrels have seperated and the braising holding them together has sheered away. They are also pretty dented.

Thanks for the offer though it is VERY much appreciated :D

Kirky these are all the parts that were worth salvaging the rest is fire poker material.

473503-big.jpg

From your description i assume THIS is the part you were seeking?

473501.jpg

LG

no but pins 2 and 3 to the left of the trigar mate would be nice wot model gun is it please

thanks kirky

Martin you numpty bet that taught you a lesson..........

Thought for a minute Jon was taking the mickey when he phoned me to say you had found it..

You are right i could have shot it before, i knew you should have given it to me :/:D

How the hell could someone run over it on the road out of the clay ground beats me mate..

Anyhow i would be gutted as well if it had happened to me (sorry mate) :):lol::lol::rolleyes::good:

Mike!

It's just a gun mate and to be frank i don't really mind. It's a set of metal tubes that goes BANG and i have another few in the cabinet thet shoot just as well.

One mans loss CAN be another mans humour "aint that right Scaffy you *** " :lol:

I am laughing myself and i think John was kinda bemused and Puzzled WHY a guy would laugh when his gun had just been mangled.

Sure he though i flipped my cap :lol:

On a more serious not i checked my insurance etc and it AINT covered as it was at the clay grounds and not home.

Also CPSA don't cover either so i just need to move on.

If anyone has a S56E and needs Strikers Pins and Springs they are welcome to them other than that i will just take it to the clay grounds on tuesday and give it to Jack for spares.

LG

LG

I did think you lost the plot... I was standing there next to you thinking... (is he going to explode...)

I was shocked.. and didnt know what to say!... to have silenced me was a achievment in itself. I doint know you enough to have made a joke about it at the time.. and was worried about offending you.

I was gutted for you but at the same time happy that it wasnt stolen as you were most concerned with.

I was just glad that its back in safe hands.. gutted about it in pieces.. I wanted a go on it!

I even held back about comments with your post man pat vehical! and the fact that there was more colour inside on the paint than on the outside.

anyway It was a pleasure meeting with you bud.

I enjoyed those days out. (again being the youngest one) anyway.... I still didnt do too bad.. at least I am consistant... 25 day one... 25 day two .. ok there was one more in there and that was 21 but not bad.. so 50 % of clays.. hit

I cant complain.

The group with Ian's Birthday was amazing! I am shocked how good some of them were... I wont upset Alison ever!!!!! afraid of her shot...