The time has come....

NickB65

A sad day today as we said goodbye to our dear friend and companion Bonnie. I had her from seven weeks old and she has been the best dog ever - obedient, loyal and an amazing temperament. She battled through pancreatitis, three strokes but in the end time got the better of her. She could no longer get up to go out and her back legs were so sore to move.

It is never easy to say goodbye but her dignity and quality of life were far more important than our needs.

Goodbye old friend.

Bonnie.jpg

Thanks for the kind words..... Bonnie was an amazing dog and we got her when my eldest daughter was just four months old so she was very special to her and I. Although she has not been in the field with me for some years due to her stroke she was still a very active dog and only in the last few months was she too stiff for a walk.

I had already decided to get another dog but I will be lucky to find another so patient and gentle as she was. Some of the looks she used to give me when I missed the fifth pigeon on the trot were comical.....