anyone play guitar

overandunder2012

Ex semi pro/ pro 60's/70's group player I still try to play with my plonkers for home fun but old finger bones dont work so well now, I use for home fun a Yamaha SE350h solid body twin pick ups for rock / heavy noise as fancied, a Dean semi with twin pick ups for a more bluesy sound and a epiphone gibson copy twin pick up for a soft / blues sound.

All through a 30 watt Force amp and a Boss GT6 effects pedal.

Edited by deny essex

In my day(NOW 52 & the old fiddlers dont work LOL) Gibson flying v. gibson sg, fender strat & telicaster. I keept them for years but let go of the last one earlier this year, kept a fender accoustic though.Use to do covers when i played in a band, anything form Black Sabbeth to Pink Floyd.Last time i played was when we put the band back together to play some BUSTED/MC FLY covers for my sons birthday.

The SG sold for a fair bit as was signed by Steve Vai when i had the pleasure of meeting him.

Edited by Davyo

Simon and Patrick SP6 cedar top, plus an old Eko 12 string (18th birthday present!). My ancient Japanese classical has been half-inched by my daughter to use at college, so I suspect I've lost that one :(

Play mainly at home, but do a few local gigs - folk clubs and local festivals etc.

Not these days but used to play Bass at school and in a local band until I got married at 28 had kids and the Bass was sold.

Last guitar I had was a Rickenbacker 4003....superb instrument and not just a great guitar but a lovely object to look at.

I sold it far too cheap. :sad1:

Correction it was a 430 series ( I think)

Edited by Fisherman Mike

Got a Garrison acoustic. No pickups, no cut out. Not a huge sound but exceptionally sweet tone. I bought it because the action suited finger picking which is about the only style I can play. (Though as I got better I not sure I don't prefer a higher action for finger picking). I'm still pretty rubbish, hampered by learning to read music on the piano when I was very young and I've never got past the habit of trying to see the guitar fret like a keyboard, and the guitar just doesn't work like that so I don't know my way intuitively round the fret board.

I should make more effort again, its a lovely instrument. Needs refretting first. I wore the first three frets flat trying to nail the string bends in the Paul Simon version of "Anji". By the time I'd got it right the strings were buzzing.

Edited by Gimlet

I have Ibanez GRG250 and a Marlin Loner. Only just learning and can't play too well yet.

I too play Uke. A low G Oscar Schmidt O2 concert and an Ohana TK 20 CE Tenor electro acoustic.

My first instrument used to be Trumpet, Bb Olds but I haven't played it for a while.

Don't practice as much as I should so I ought to get a grip cos I enjoy playing.

I have quite a few guitars and other stringed instruments:

Gretsch 6120DSW

Gretsch Jet Firebird

1963 Gretsch 6120 'Nashville'

Fender Telecaster

Epiphone Wildkat

Squier Bronco bass

Martin DM acoustic

Blueridge BG40 acoustic

Weber Absaroka mandolin

Kala acacia tenor ukulele

Kala spruce top tenor ukulele

Recording King lap steel

Edited by paul65

I've thinned my collection down to 5 now - 3 classical, 1 electro-acoustic and a solid bodied electric. There were 14 at one stage, but I was having a problem moving around so it was either get a bigger place to live or have less guitars, so the guitars lost!

The classicals are a Yamaha SLG110N, a Yamaha CG-150CA and a Yamaha CG-201S. The solid body is a Yamaha Pacifica 112. ( anybody notice a pattern here?! :lol:)

The electro acoustic is a Jasmine/Takamine TS74C.

I've been bashing about on various guitars since my teens, and I can honestly say that I'm not much better now than I was then - even though I've played in a couple of bands. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I only do it for my own amusement so I'm quite happy to be a bedroom guitarist these days! :good:

I have a Takamine electro-acoustic (never plugged it in though), uke, 5 string banjo and a battered resonator tuned to open G.

I'm no good but absolutely love the banjo - claw hammer style, and the resonator for banging out blues but rarely play the Takamine.